Corsair Community

Gigabyte GA-Q57M-S2H & CMX8GX3M4A1333C9 problems

Wlodek Gdanski

I have experienced blue screen with indication of memory problems after installation of first Zone Alarm (removed by the system), and then McAfee (removed by the system) on my new PC with Win7/64. I didn't change any default settings in the BIOS. Otherwise system recognizes my 8 GB of memory.

Any clues?

Wlodek

the problem really wasn't with the RAM, as it now seems to works flawlessly. I suspect that it could have been related with another problem I experienced, my new Samsung F3 1TB that only presented itself as 32 MB. After removing this disk yesterday and replacing it with a new one, which works as desired, I haven't had any blue-screens. It's of course only my speculation based upon observation.

Thanks for your input.

My joy seems to have been premature, as the problems resurfaced after a while and still do so, despite a new clean installation of the WIN 7/64. What I didn't mentioned in my initial my post, is the fact, that my system disk is an Corsair SSD Force Field 120 GB. I start to suspect that my problems could be connected to SSD. After last installation attempt I restarted system may be 10-15 times without problems before installing any other programs. Then I installed Chrome and problems resurfaced immediately. My motherboard is an Gigabyte Q57M-S2H, while processor is an Intel i5-760.

Any clues?

I have SSD on port 0. The drivers were updated by Windows when I activated AHCI after second installation of Win 7.

Driver details according to Device Manager:

Driver provider: Microsoft

Driver date: 2006-06-21 (?)

Driver version: 6.1.7600.16385

During boot a message about SATA containing iSRc 1.20E appears, whatever it means.

Archived