Corsair Community

Where Can I Download The H70 User's Manual?

TheBeagle

I just ordered the H70 unit from Newegg and I would like to read up on the install process, etc from the User's Manual. However, I cannot find any source for downloading that information. Can someone direct me to such a source? Thanks.

Best regards to everyone. TheBeagle :biggrin:

I just ordered the H70 unit from Newegg and I would like to read up on the install process, etc from the User's Manual. However, I cannot find any source for downloading that information. Can someone direct me to such a source? Thanks.

Best regards to everyone. TheBeagle :biggrin:

Well AFAIK, Corsair never published an online PDF instruction manual for their H50.

Why that is so, I don't know, as most manufacturers do publish online PDF user manuals, in addition to product brochures.

We seem bound to ask questions, that eventually are only somewhat partially answered through their online H50 FAQ, and questions answered by their technical support people here in the cooling forum.

With regard to the H50, I received much more technical information by visiting the Asetek website, where the H50 is a knockoff of Asetek's 550LC, there you will find a 550LC PDF brochure, and two PDF's from conference papers presented covering the design of certain components of the 550LC (the pump data is most useful as you can reverse engineer all of the hydraulic parameters for the H50/500LC from their pump head loss curve :biggrin:).

Is does seem a bit strange that a leading manufacturer of various significant computer components would not want to have their product literature and user/owner's manuals available online, since every time someone downloads those items, there's potential sale brewing. Also seems like a major sales, marketing and administrative error to not make that stuff available online.

In any event, thanks for the reply. Best regards to everyone. TheBeagle

Beagle: How-To Guides and Videos forum to the rescue!

H50 Installation Guide

H50 - Supplemental Mounting Information

Why have a PDF when there's a video? :) It's for the H50, but I think the H70 uses almost the same bracket, just sized appropriately for the different pump. Since that video was made they combined the 3 brackets in the video into one universal bracket, but you get the idea. The first PDF shows pics of it. IMHO, video > PDF, and therefore addresses the sales / marketing / admin items you spoke of.

Link is also in a sticky in this forum: http://www.corsair.com/cinema/movie.aspx?id=1233870

everett: Not sure how useful that 550LC info would be as the H50 was based on that, but has some design changes for better efficiency IIRC.

everett: Not sure how useful that 550LC info would be as the H50 was based on that, but has some design changes for better efficiency IIRC.

Well I'll agree that the 550LC brochure is not of much use.

I started the hydraulic calculations a few months back, but then lost interest, I still have the spreadsheet though.

The two conference papers are of somewhat greater value.

I will now return to the spreadsheet to complete the hydraulic calculations for the H50. My only expectation is to nail down the hydraulic head loss in the corrugated tubing, as I believe I can get within 20%-30% of the correct value, which is actually pretty good for a first cut hydraulic engineering type calculation.

Then it's onward and upward, get an H70, replace the corrugated tubing on both the H50/H70 with some tygon tubing, go with the H70 pump if it proves to be the higher Q pump of the two (I'm hoping so for space limitation reasons), use both the H50 and H70 radiators in a double push/pull intake/exhaust front/back of the case, plus the necessary hydraulic head tank type tests and radiator volume measurements necessary.

All and all I'm kind of looking forward to this little project.

I've mentioned before that I'm a research hydraulic engineer (USACE ERDC).

Thanks Mr. Wired for the prompt reply.

What I'm very interested to read about in the installation instructions is having the fans on the H70 INTAKE air into the case instead of exhausting it. Since I have only one (1) exhaust fan (120mm) in my case, that is a bit of a concern for me, especially since my array of components displaces a significant amount of thermal energy. This issue of intake versus exhaust is therefore of great concern to me. I was hoping that being able to scour the install instructions before the unit arrives (this coming Wednesday, 8/18/2010) I'd be able to determine if I need to exhaust those fans, notwithstanding the apparent suggested intake method.

But, it appears that I'll just have to wait and read what comes in the box. Maybe I'll scan those documents and post them for others to read - sort of a public service to future potential H70 buyers/users.

Best regards to everyone. TheBeagle

Thanks Mr. Wired for the prompt reply.

What I'm very interested to read about in the installation instructions is having the fans on the H70 INTAKE air into the case instead of exhausting it. Since I have only one (1) exhaust fan (120mm) in my case, that is a bit of a concern for me, especially since my array of components displaces a significant amount of thermal energy. This issue of intake versus exhaust is therefore of great concern to me. I was hoping that being able to scour the install instructions before the unit arrives (this coming Wednesday, 8/18/2010) I'd be able to determine if I need to exhaust those fans, notwithstanding the apparent suggested intake method.

But, it appears that I'll just have to wait and read what comes in the box. Maybe I'll scan those documents and post them for others to read - sort of a public service to future potential H70 buyers/users.

Best regards to everyone. TheBeagle

A ~$400 case with only one rear exhaust and two front intakes?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811235006

If that's the case :biggrin:, then you'll have to do a rear exhaust push/pull, either that or reverse the direction of those two front intakes.

Most people, having enough fan slots, are able to try the push/pull both ways, as an intake and as an exhaust, and then pick the clear winner, if there is one, CPU core temperaature-wise.

Archived