Corsair Community

[HELP] CMD8GX3M4A1333C7 Restarting PC Randomly

sentinelvdx

Hi,

Maybe RAM GUY can help.

I was using XMS3 DHX memories in my M4A79T Deluxe (2x2GB) 9-9-9-24 2T at 1.8v, and I have upgraded my memories to Dominator for Phenom II (4x2GB).

I have setup these ones to work at 7-7-7-20 2T with 1.64v and my system sometimes randomly it has a blue screen, dumps memory and restarts my system.

To add, this dumps, appears no matter what I'm doing... I could be playing and happens, or just using itunes, firefox and msn for example.

I don't know if there's something missing, because there's a lot of settings i cant setup in BIOS for the memories.

NOTE: voltage can be set to 1.64 or 1.66 as it goes by 0.02 intervals.

Thanks!

• Corsair Employee
Update to the latest bios and load the cmos defaults. Then set the memory timings as you had them before and set the memory voltage to 1.66v. You may also need to try raising the CPU/NB voltage slightly as well.

Update to the latest bios and load the cmos defaults. Then set the memory timings as you had them before and set the memory voltage to 1.66v. You may also need to try raising the CPU/NB voltage slightly as well.

Thanks for your fast response!:biggrin:

Well I'm actually running the latest BIOS.

I got back to defaults, which switched all to automatic (automatic makes mems go to 9-9-9-24 1.5v). I set back to 7-7-7-20 1.66v.

But by raising the CPU/NB, how much you suggest on moving to? I have it now in "Auto"

I'm running a M4A79T deluxe and amd phenom II x4 955BE model RB-C2.

Like that my system is still crashing randomly :S

Please let me know.

Thanks!

What is the CPU/NB defaulting too? You may want to try 1.2-1.3v

1-I really appreciate your effort by answering and supporting us.

2-I think I found what's going on, and you'll say "And why you didn't check that first?"

A friend insist me on performing a memtest to be sure (I was thinking why, if they are new and I've installed perfect).

I have found errors there at some addresses which practically repeats during the different tests.

Where I need you advice is on:

-By cleaning memory slots, this issue can be solved? (Because 2 slots were not used for long time, so there's a possibility to be with a bit of dust).*

-I'm going to check each memory on each slot and perform on each move a short memtest. If I identify a module is failing but the others not, can I send on warranty just that module, or I need to send all the kit (4x2GB + AirFlow) to get the replacement?

*Previous config was XMS3 DHX (2x2GB)

Please let me know and I'm open to any additional comment you may have regarding this.

Thanks!

Archived