Corsair Community

Problem with timings

rotux

Hello,

I'm running the CMX4GX3M2A1600C8 kit (2x2GB dual channel) on a MSI P55-GD65 with a Core i5 750 @ 3200mhz (which is what the Bios sets for XMP-1600).

When using the XMP-1600 profile, the BIOS sets the command rate to 1T, which is wrong and should be 2T. I already reported this to MSI and their forums say it is a common problem.

However, the problem is that even with manual settings of 8-8-8-24-2T, which is what the Corsair compatibility list says to be the stable settings for these modules, is not stable and results in errors in Prime95 and Memtest86+.

The only way to get them stable is with 9-9-9-24-2T timings.

So I guess that the sub-timings may also be wrong, and I would set them manually, but I can't seem to find any info on those anywhere.

I used a tool called Cpu-Tweaker, which does report some sub-timings, however even with those, the memory does not run stable.

So is my memory is faulty after all, or is there a better way to find what sub-timings should actually be?

Thanks

EDIT:

Another thought: Do I maybe need to raise the VTT (memory controller voltage)? It is at 1.15v right now, default is 1.1.

Archived