Corsair Community

CMP4GX3M2B1600C8 with a Asus M4A87TD Evo

Ingwe

I have just bought a new computer (assembled it on my own). RAM: Corsair Dominator 2*2 GC PC 1600 kit (CMP4GX3M2B1600C8) 8says Phenom II on the original box)

I have had some issues with the memory and the motherboard, not working together properly. I have no idea as to why, which is why i'm asking in this forum.

The compability-list from the motherboard manufacturer lists the CMD4GX3M2A1600C8(XMP) as compatible, which aren't exactly the same (CMD instead of CMP and A instead of B), so i'm not sure if they are compatible.

I have tried making the setting 8-8-8-24 with 1,65v and PC 1600, but the computer does not agree with me on that. The motherboard auto-function sets the memory at 9-9-9-24 with 1,5v at a 1333 speed. But even at "motherboard-standard" speed, the computer is not stable, with BSoD's and crashes happening. Sometimes it can't even start up properly with both ram-blocks in the computer. But if i take one out, it normally starts without a hitch.

I hope someone can help me on this matter (if not compatible it would answer severa questions - however, if they are, some ideas to resolving this issue would be appreciated very, very much)

Archived