Corsair Community

2x CM2X2048-6400C5C Kit & P5KC

o0pz

Hey all,

Been having a bit of a problem with these two sets but I'm slowly narrowing it down. I was running 2x TWIN2X2048-6400C4 previously in this system and they were running fine, but since I'm studying multimedia this year I need a bit extra ram on top.

Now onto the problems. With all four sticks of CM2X2048-6400C5C installed the computer boots into windows and everything runs a little sluggish then randomly BSODs. The first error message was Bad_Pool_Header, then the second error was QUOTA_UNDERFLOW. These didn't happen until I upgraded the ram.

Memtest Results so far

-4 sticks = two error messages on test 5

-single sticks = no errors

-2 sticks = no errors

-different slots = no errors

When running a particular 2 sticks my Post screen was listing them as DDR 1003Mhz when the BIOs was set on Auto. Changed one stick and it went to DDR 667Mhz, then I manually set it to 800Mhz in the BIOs and it's working at the moment as if the old sticks were in it still.

My questions are, what other things should I test for? What voltage can these sticks handle @ max? My NB is running 1.33v at the moment, so should it be bumped up and if so, how far?

I'll keep testing for now and keep you all posted on the results.

That's correct.

The version labelled on the TWIN2X4096-6400C5C is Version 6.1 on both sets. At the moment I have the RAM set to Auto, but previously I had tried it at 1.8v like stated on the label.

Oh and to correct my earlier post. I had errors in memtest with all four sticks installed, then I decreased my overclock and those errors disappeared, if that helps to work out the problem also.

Edit: Just reset my system to defaults and running all sticks @ the moment. Ran 3dMark and going to run a few more tests like Sisandra & Everest Benchmarks to test out the stability. Then begin tweaking. Are there any other programs which would put a strain on the RAM to test stability besides Memtest as I know it's passed memtest before but was still unstable?

Just an update.

After the full BIOs reset to defaults, the sticks worked. I have them all running at the moment at stock speeds and timings with 1.9v.

I have overclocked my Q6600 back to 3.2ghz like it was with the old sticks. So far it's passed OCCT test as stable and a few other tests stable also.

Thank you both for the help.

Archived