Corsair Community

Help with Memory Setup

hbhunt

I just recently rebuilt my DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) computer and replaced everything but the case. I have experianced a instability and not all of my RAM being recognized. I need help setting up the voltages, multipliers, etc. for my memory. I do not wish to overclock anything but i would like to see my memory run a little faster than the 1066 that is a standard setting by my motherboard. I do not know exactly were to turn to get the formulas to figure all this out. I believe that my system specs will be posted with this post so I will not list them. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have been reading for a couple of hours on this forum and still am lost as to exactly what to do. Thank you.

Hello - I fear I will have pretty much the same problem. Am building a DAW from scratch (God help me...) w/ TR3X6G1600CP XMS3 DDR3 Corsair 6Gb set. This is my first ever build and wonder about this figure of 1066 MHz (I have a Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R MOBO); is this standard to install RAM at this rate? Will it make much difference if I just let it be and not try and change things around to 1600 MHz (the RAM is 1600 MHz it says on the stick) or do the advantages massively outweigh the learning curve?? And 1.65 V - not sure about that either (he said uneasily, taking a seat and reaching for his pipe tobacco). What's occurring there? Do I need to alter this setting too?

Yours

Stevio "I truly don't know what I'm doing" H

Virtual doughnuts to anyone who helps...

I have noticed that my motherboard does not offer a voltage setting of 1.65v. It gives me 1.64v and 1.66v which should I choose in this instance since I have 6-2gb sticks of memory? I am running the individual sticks through memtest right know to see if I can isolate it that way. Thank you.

The memory does pass the Memtest 4.10 as setup but when I try Prime 95 running 4 threads which puts my processor at about 50% utilization I get a BSOD after about a minute.

I have attached the CPUID windows for your info does this help at all or do you need all of my BIOS settings? Thank you.

CPUID.thumb.png.9ad7a98e69a0d53d52157635c286c4a7.png

The memory does pass the Memtest 4.10 as setup but when I try Prime 95 running 4 threads which puts my processor at about 50% utilization I get a BSOD after about a minute.

I have attached the CPUID windows for your info does this help at all or do you need all of my BIOS settings? Thank you.

We would need all your BIOS settings for voltages, RAM, and CPU.

CPU Freq 2.80ghz

QPI link speed 4.8ghz

Uncore freq 2667mhz

BCLK freq 133

Memory freq 1333mhz

XMP is disabled

SPD is 10.0

Performance enhance is turbo

Profile DDR voltage 1.5v

Profile QPI voltage 1.17v

Channel interleaving 6

Rank interleaving 4

Channel ABC timing settings as follows.

9-9-9-24

Trc 27

trrd 4

twtr 4

twr 8

twtp 19

twl 7

trfc 60

trtp 4

tfaw 20

CMD 2

Line load calibration auto

CPU vcore 1.25000v

Qpi/vtt voltage 1.335v

CPU pll 1.800v

Pcie 1.5v

Qpi pll 1.1v

Ioh core 1.1v

Ich I/o 1.5v

Ich core 1.1v

Dram voltage 1.66v

Dram termination .75v

Channel ABC data Vref. .75v

Channel ABC address Vref .75v

I think this covers it. Thanks.

• Corsair Employee
Just load setup defaults and then set the memory voltage to 1.65 Volts and the QPI/VTT Voltage to 1.4 Volts and set the timings to Cas 8-8-8-24 2T Command Rate then test them again and have you tested each set one at or one module at a time?

I have checked each piece of RAM individually and they all pass. I have check each group of three together and they pass. When I start to add the two sets together on my MB that is when I start getting errors with Memtest. I have tried just doing 8GB using slots 1,2,3,5 and get errors this way as well. It seems if the RAM is not usable it is in slots 5 and 6 and it is recognized just not usable but this is sporadic at best. I have checked for bent pins in the CPU socket and found none. What do you suggest.

Archived