Corsair Community

H50 Water Cooler keeps CPU idle at 50C (!?)

galaxyy

Hi, I just installed the H50 water cooler yesterday and my CPU idle temperatures are sitting at 50C...which doesn't seem right.

What I also think is odd, is that I've opened the case with things running and put my hand near the radiator but to find the air not very warm at all. I even touched the radiator....and it's not warm at all.

CPU fan (pump) is at 1400 rpm

Radiator fan is at 1700 rpm

Fan is being used as an intake as directed.

Computer is not even overclocked...

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

I just woke up and things are worse...now it's showing 60-65C during IDLE. The computer had been off for ~8 hours and just after boot it's 65C? That's not right...I'm thinking of returning it unless anyone has any ideas.

What are your core temps? If your cpu temp is that high,your core temps are more than likely 10 or 15C more.you should stop runnin till you can figure it out.Like noggerr said,you halfta make sure you tighten the screws down evenly,you cant be sliden the pump around on top of the cpu when installing,My temps comming out of the rad are very cool at idle.I would reinstall very carefulley.

Thanks all! Yellowbeard got it. I was using Asus probe to get my MB temps. After reading Yellowbeard's post, I checked my MB and it was reading much lower temps. So I downloaded "real temp" and it reports my CPU 30C cooler, lol :)

So all is well, I think it is just a bug in Asus' software.

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/4614/captureqm.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thanks all! Yellowbeard got it. I was using Asus probe to get my MB temps. After reading Yellowbeard's post, I checked my MB and it was reading much lower temps. So I downloaded "real temp" and it reports my CPU 30C cooler, lol :)

So all is well, I think it is just a bug in Asus' software.

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/4614/captureqm.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thank you very much for posting this as it may be very beneficial to other ASUS users. Glad to see you got it sorted. ::pirate::

Archived