Corsair Community

Bios Not Detect RAM Speed Properly

whatwhat

Ram shows at 1333, should be 1600. I checked my mobo, this ram is on the QVL. Determined it's due to my processor, no biggy.

I run memtest86 got zero errors after 14 hrs. Ran prime95, it freezes right away when at 1333mhz. Changed to 1600 and reran, froze right away again. I underclocked my ram to 800mhz and it ran prime95 for 9 hrs without freezing.

So, my question is - how do I configure the ram properly so it will work?

I also tried D.O.C.P. option #1 which auto sets it to 1600, voltage 1.65 and timing to 9-9-9-24-2T... but it still froze in prime95 if it even loads windows.. which it won't half the time.

Anyways, if anyone knows how I have to configure my bios to make it so I can happily use my computer without it freezing every time with my ram @ 1600mhz I'd love you long time.

Mine detects at 1333 but I change to 1600.. and the voltage to 1.65 and 1.7.... freezes when running prime95 right away. When I have it at 800, it works just fine. Tips?

I have the exact same chip/board/memory

Are you running with 4-sticks? It can take some real teeth-pulling to get 4-sticks running stable at 1600. Even with 2-sticks, I don't think there are many BIOSes which will run 1600Mhz with stock settings. I've always had to manually futz with timing and voltages for memory and CPU to achieve stability in prime95. I'd bump your DDR voltage as RAM guy suggests and try relaxing the timings a notch. On my system, I had to increase tRFC a notch as well (if your BIOS lets you change that).

just two sticks.

i'll try a couple things I've seen on here and post back.

Actually, you might be hitting the limit of your particular CPU's memory controller. You see, AMD officially supports only up to DDR3-1333 speed even with just one or two sticks. And if four sticks are installed, the official maximum speed limit is only DDR3-1066.

Archived