Corsair Community

Dominator memory and fan set

fifo

Hi,

I am having problems with the denominator memory and fan set.

I first requested an rma for the fan which i received. The i edited the

case details on the corsair support site with the problems i was having with the memory and clicked on submit case. I got an auto reply saying tech support will get backto me

but its been two days and no response. So what should i do? do i send the complete set under the original RMA number or do i get a new RMA number as i edited the case.

the case number is 1569404.

• Corsair Employees

And if you had an RMA on that case previously you cannot ask for another RMA on the same case.

I have sent our customer service a message to look into your case but I suspect it may be too confusing and I am not sure of the answer you will get.

I would suggest calling them by phone and ask them to help you for best service.

In addition, the error you stated could be some other problem memory is not normally random and getting random errors would normally be a Voltage to thermal issue with the MB.

But I am in the UK hence it would cost me quite a bit to call them plus the time difference,

I am thinking of sending the complete set back under the orignal RMA and put a little note with explaining the problems.

Would i be able to get a new replacement of the memory and fan set.

I have tried other memory which don't give the problem. My last resort is

to try a new set.

Thanks for your help!

• Corsair Employees
I stated previously that you will need to contact our customer service sorry and I have sent them a message is all I can do. But you will need to speak with them to get this resolved.

• 9 months later...

my replacement denominator fan is also making a whining noise especially when the PC is booting and sometimes becomes quite after 15 minutes, sometimes not. If i put my finger on two of the fans to stop it the noise goes away instantly. It is a very irritating whine and i do not want to send this back and incur another postage fee of about 60 % cost of the fan as i am in the UK . Can't i be sent another fan without sending my current one back (it is not an expensive item, only a fan) as i need my PC and cannot use it without a memory fan and all the hassle plus cost of opening the PC again for the 3rd or 4th time removing the fan and sending it to you incurring more cost and then the long wait for a replacement and opening the PC again to fit it.

You know the amount i must have spent on rma'ing this fan equals or is more than the cost of a new fan as i rma'd it twice to the retailer and once to Corsair. I am quite fed up with this and do not want to open the PC again just to take this fan out and send it back.

• Corsair Employees
I am sorry but please conatct our customer service let them know your previous RMA# they will take care of you. You can install Skype and call the toll free number listed under CONTACT on the main page for free.

• Corsair Employees

You would need to call them by phone sorry. Do you have a case number?

P.S. I have sent them a message to conatct the OP on case number 1569404 which was posted on your first post!

Can't i email them?

calling customer service by phone would cost quite a bit as i am in the UK.

secondly i would only be able to call them after 6pm uk time and i do not know whether they will be open at that time.

• Corsair Employees
You can install skype and and call them for free. And the email contact is provided either in your last email from them or as I said I sent them a message to contact you and they confirmed they had emailed you so if you are not getting the message then you should check your spam folder.

• 4 weeks later...

I have received the replacement fan and this one is making more noise than my previous one. It seems to me that these fans which have a sleeve type bearing according to spec's are not having enough oil put in them (A flaw in the manufacturing process) this is why The bearings are noisy.

If you read the reviews of this fan (link below)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835704001

You will see that a number of people have been having the same problem with these fans for quite some time. I am very surprised that no action or investigation (analyse process problem using six sigma process) has not been carried out by Corsair. I do not want to go through the trouble of sending this replacement back again.

I would very much appreciate it if you could send me a replacement that has been tested for noise first (make sure it has enough oil etc.) before sending it to me.

This will save us both a lot hassle and time being wasted.

I hope you take this into consideration as i am saying it for your own good as i have purchased some very good corsair products in the past with no defects what so ever, Only this fan seems to be letting you down.

• Corsair Employees
I would suggest checking the fans and make one fan that is quiet enough for you and then send the other back. You can do this by stopping the fan with a Pencil to see which one is making noise. Other wise as I have stated several times I am sorry but you will need to contact our customer service there is not much I can do to help you.

Archived