Corsair Community

What voltages can I try next?

Cisco99

I'm having Prime 95 issues with my 6GB of TR3X6G1333C7 ram on an Asus P6X58D-E board whenever I take the ram (due to my OC) anywhere over 1333. Below that there's no problem at all even at 7-7-7-20 1T.

I have a stable i7 930 OC @ 3.8GHz (21X181) and also @ 4.0GHz (21X91) but only below 1333.

I'm currently running it at 4.0GHz with the ram at 1145 7-7-7-20 1T and it's Prime95 stable. But if I move it up to my next available multiplier that gives me 1531 with that OC, I can't get it to run Prime95 even at 9-9-9-24 without getting errors almost immediately.

I'm fairly new to the X58 world so it could very well be that my voltages are not correct for this ram or even more relaxed timings might work better.

My Dram Bus voltage is at 1.64... any more than that and this BIOS gives me a warning about the world ending or perhaps it was just frying my CPU...one of those.:biggrin:

My QPI/DRAM voltage is @ 1.21875.

The CPU is running relatively cool for this kind of OC on air (Noctua DH-14) with CPU in the 32-55C range with the hottest core (1) in the 47-73C range with Prime95 torture test running. So...voltages could go up a bit still.

I'm not complaining about this memory, just asking for some tips on achieving 1531MHz with this ram on my rig.

Btw... I may be a first time poster but I've been using Corsair memory exclusively on OC'd rigs for many, many years (also running the 1000watt Corsair PSU.) I have lurked here often and learned a lot prior to and after buying... and I did search but couldn't find much about voltage and timings for this memory when OC'd.

Doh! Meant to post in DDR3 config and tuning... please move there.

Archived