Corsair Community

Help with CMX4GXM2A1600C7 and MSI 870A-G54

StiMAddiCt

Hey guys I just got this system up and running... windows installed and updated, all drivers.... so time to OC. I noticed in my bios that the ram is running at 9-9-9-24 instead of the advertised 7-8-7-24. I set my voltage to 1.663 (couldn't select 1.65 on my mobo) to ensure that the ram was being fed enough, and my dram ratio is at 1:4 for 1600 mhz. I cannot seem to find a place to manually enter the timing in my bios (American Megatrends is what is says on the top of the BIOS screen, my OC menu is called the Cell Menu). What I do find is a section called "advanced dram configuration" and in there it shows a DRAM timing mode, but I can only select auto, dct 0, dct 1, both. What do I do?

That ram can definitely run at tighter timings than the standard 9-9-9-24 your mobo will set them at. I have 8g running at 7-8-7-20 1.65 with a 25% oc on the processor.

Just remembered I have that boaord on another machine in the house, not the same ram on that one but let me go see if i can mess with the timings anyhow...

**UPDATE**I actually have the 890 but very similar bios options. I was able to manually set the CL-tRCD-tRP-tRAS by selecting "Both" on the DCT menu.

Archived