Corsair Community

F120 SSD Random Kernel-Power 41 BSOD; Not Detected on Boot

I reported that disablig trim does not fix the problem, but I got exactly one BSOD after I disabled trim, and that could be that i did not reboot the PC after entering the command. I'm now running 4 days 24/7 and it looks that disabling trim indeed patches the problem. It is still not the fix but, at least the PC is stable.

Now I just need a new drive with the proper Firmware.

good to hear cause you would be the only one with trim disabled and still getting bsod.

just for the rest of the people. when you disable trim reboot directly or trim is not disabled.

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I reported that disablig trim does not fix the problem, but I got exactly one BSOD after I disabled trim, and that could be that i did not reboot the PC after entering the command. I'm now running 4 days 24/7 and it looks that disabling trim indeed patches the problem. It is still not the fix but, at least the PC is stable.

Now I just need a new drive with the proper Firmware.

Good to hear man, and welcome to the club. :sunglasse

Just about a week now with TRIM off here and stable.

I just purchased a F120GB drive because they were having a sale at NE. This thread had me worried. I will be/am currently using this drive as a secondary drive and NOT a boot drive. I downloaded the force trim tool and checked via sticky instructions that trim was enabled. I formatted the drive and prepped it, straight from the box. I did not put any data on the drive, though I am about to now and am going to re run the force trim tool. I did not get a BSOD or slow down with no data on the drive. Will edit this post later to see if I can reproduce the error once I have put a substantial amount of stuff on it. Running evga x58 SLI s1366 w/ latest evga bios, revision? (I forgot)

Copied some game install files to the drive (4gb) re ran force trim tool. No crash no BSOD

hi all extremely talented people, I have just as many in here a f-series 60GB ssd and I've had exactly the same problem with the bsod. when I went o o read here found the solution I thought!! my system after I turned off the TRIM function in 64 bit win7 gone for several days, and I was so happy, but now I've started to get back bsod with event ID 41 in order to turn the TRIM only worked for a while? any more with the same problem???

thanks

I've been suffering this issue for nearly 2 months now. I was the first to report it. That was June 26, and I had the issue since the week before that. So, still no solution eh? Corsair hasn't even experience this issue yet? How much longer do you want us to wait. A time frame is good.

I restarted redid my sata jumpers. Now I can boot and load windows, but once I'm in my hdds becomes unrecognized. I have three drives.

Corsair f120: boot

Raptor 150: temp/cache

WD 1TB: backup/storage

When I boot the raptor disappears shortly after logging in. I can get it to reappear by unplugging and replugging it in, but then my 1TB disappears.

I'm kind of stumped. I never has anything like this until I had the kernel crash today. Two days after installed

My new corair and installed windows.

this weekend i tested the drive in 2x i5 laptops and an other intel system i7 920, all had the same failure after inducing trim. 0x000000f4 and then the drive pulls a houdini and disappears from the system.

this is getting ridicules on how corsair is handeling this case. almost total silence on what is being done about this.

might as well put a concrete brick in my computer and see how that stores data..

safes me 300 bucks and gets the same result. worthless.

now a days you either can trim with your ssd or the product will not sell.

there is not even a sticky on this after 2 weeks when we found a temp fix.

if this is the way how corsair does it business then it's done for me now.

how many people more need to post here with the exact same issue and to us it still looks like nothing has been done, no updates, nothing.

if you cannot reproduce the error and i can then what's wrong with your technical department? please do not make me think that there are monkeys there?

i'm really tempted to rip this thing apart and check it myself, can always check this firmware with a working sandforce branded model and port the correct trim codes to this unit.

already lost money on this ssd when i bought it and tried to use it normally for 2 weeks so killing it might just be fun next to this sad story.

might even be more fun to blend this sucker on will it blend.com.

Even Ap*le denied the antanna issue when it was first discovered for the iPh???4. Maybe this is how every company works. At least Corsair is not saying that the competitor products have the same issue, which in this case they don't (at least not for TRIM for the sake of argument).

Really, all that we, as consumers, want to see is for Corsair to make a sticky thread to acknowledge that the issue does exist and to provide the temporary fix that we came up with (disabling TRIM) and state the fact that they are in fact duct-taping somebody to the chair to come up with a fix ASAP. Of course the issue does need to be resolved eventually. I don't like how the Corsair tech support keeps telling everybody to RMA the drives, which is not very cost-efficient for Corsair, and it means weeks of downtime for us.

p.s. IT WILL BLEND!! haha...

dikai, you don't have to filter yourself. If it's deemed something to be filtered, it's already in the system.

Guys, they've already said they're attempting to reproduce the issue in the lab environment. If they can't replicate it yet, how can you expect them to put it up as a sticky? I'm guessing they're asking people to RMA them because of 1) the warranty and 2) to obtain a drive that has the issue so they can analyze it.

dikai, you don't have to filter yourself. If it's deemed something to be filtered, it's already in the system.

Guys, they've already said they're attempting to reproduce the issue in the lab environment. If they can't replicate it yet, how can you expect them to put it up as a sticky? I'm guessing they're asking people to RMA them because of 1) the warranty and 2) to obtain a drive that has the issue so they can analyze it.

then let us know how and what they tested, replicating a issue is tricky but if they try to replicate it on amd hardware and we all have intel, no offence but then the problem will be never found.

only way for them to find the issue at all is to rma my whole system to you guys:roll:

like i said before, try to match it with our hardware. why can i replicate it on 4 diffrent intel based system and they might not yet?

i'm unable to test it on amd based hardware cause i do not own any amd hardware except for graphics cards..

if i check all peeps here with same issue and as far as i can see they all have intel base system with either i5/i7 cpu with x64 bit windows 7. like i tested with only i5/i7 bases systems and laptops.

so hence the question. what hardware there testing with. looks to me it only happens on intel i5/7 based system. and if the techs only testing on amd or core 2 hardware no wonder they will not find the problem?

i can be wrong but if just eveybody fills in the damn system specs then it's easier to find maybe a system specific problem.

there seems to be a pattern with force ssd / trim on i5/i7 based system.

xennox, last i checked, there were reports on amd platforms too. and linux os. i read and bumped all force-related threads when i saw the reports coming in.

they have 20 more days, and i'll be posting this behavior on every forum that has mass people.

anyway xennox, any chance of you letting them 'have' your drive? i mean, with such reports coming in, can't they send ONE of us a "proven working" unit and we'll use that, while living the inconvenience of having to format and setup everything again on the proven unit and while we use that, we'll return the original unit. if they care so much about that we could run away with 2 ssds, they can always charge first and refund later.

what does that mean? they have experienced the problem, but have not come up with a solution. force ssd's aren't the only ones with problems. reactor's too. must be some major loss if they have to mass recall.

if i check all peeps here with same issue and as far as i can see they all have intel base system with either i5/i7 cpu with x64 bit windows 7. like i tested with only i5/i7 bases systems and laptops.

so hence the question. what hardware there testing with. looks to me it only happens on intel i5/7 based system.

It not limited to just that. Its happening on my system and its based on a C2D cpu.

xennox, last i checked, there were reports on amd platforms too. and linux os. i read and bumped all force-related threads when i saw the reports coming in.

they have 20 more days, and i'll be posting this behavior on every forum that has mass people.

anyway xennox, any chance of you letting them 'have' your drive? i mean, with such reports coming in, can't they send ONE of us a "proven working" unit and we'll use that, while living the inconvenience of having to format and setup everything again on the proven unit and while we use that, we'll return the original unit. if they care so much about that we could run away with 2 ssds, they can always charge first and refund later.

what does that mean? they have experienced the problem, but have not come up with a solution. force ssd's aren't the only ones with problems. reactor's too. must be some major loss if they have to mass recall.

at least in this thread it's only intel based machines. the linux one could still be intel machine.

I just purchased a F120GB drive because they were having a sale at NE. This thread had me worried. I will be/am currently using this drive as a secondary drive and NOT a boot drive. I downloaded the force trim tool and checked via sticky instructions that trim was enabled. I formatted the drive and prepped it, straight from the box. I did not put any data on the drive, though I am about to now and am going to re run the force trim tool. I did not get a BSOD or slow down with no data on the drive. Will edit this post later to see if I can reproduce the error once I have put a substantial amount of stuff on it. Running evga x58 SLI s1366 w/ latest evga bios, revision? (I forgot)

Copied some game install files to the drive (4gb) re ran force trim tool. No crash no BSOD

My guess it did not BSOD because it is not a necessary drive in the eyes of windows. Windows needs the boot drive in order to function but does not need a data drive

My guess it did not BSOD because it is not a necessary drive in the eyes of windows. Windows needs the boot drive in order to function but does not need a data drive

Thats most likely true. A failing non-system drive usually gives only a balloon-tip with some "read/Write" failed.

The BSOD 0x4F error is caused by a failure of csrss.exe which is a mostly important (why do you censor *ruci*l :P) process for the management of windows's threads and processes. i think our problem is caused by a communication loss of the sandforce controller and the system. i have experienced the BSOD two times "live". at first, the hdd led flashes a bit, and stays on. then, there are some short freezes and stuttering while moving the mouse. music still plays (not from the ssd). after some time (15-45 seconds) the whole system freezes for a few seconds, followed by BSOD.

If Corsair needs, I would gladly let them have my drive to test, but only if they send a new one first so I can ghost everything over to the new one. There's no way I'm going back to a slow 7200, 10000rpm drive after experiencing the speed of SSD. :D:

On a positive note Trim is still off here and no problems for almost a week and 3 days.

• Corsair Employees
We have enough drives now to find the problem and a fix I think but I will let you know if we need any more. If your system is stable I would run it as is for the time being and we will have a solution.

We have enough drives now to find the problem and a fix I think but I will let you know if we need any more. If your system is stable I would run it as is for the time being and we will have a solution.

good to hear. please do not let us in the dark now. if you guys have new info, do share.

Archived