Corsair Community

F120 SSD Random Kernel-Power 41 BSOD; Not Detected on Boot

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. they knew about this issue and because of the seriousness of it, and not knowing how to fix it they tell us to play with ahci, drivers, s3,s1, etc etc. buys time.

either this or

2. they cannot even write a program to issue trim commands to see if trim works.

now its all out they can't come up with a solution...i can't think of any other reason. i can live with this inconvenience for now until they come up with a fix. but this is poor corporate attitude towards clients. especially those who buy in masses, there was that guy with 80+ of these ssds. i wonder how he feels about this.

rage.

a proper firmware wich handles the trim codes correct is all that is needed.

that and then in combination with intel rst drivers it should work prefectly.

i personally give corsair 2 weeks for a firmware fix or i'm selling this drive cause i cannot get a refund for this, it works but not as it's promised..

then getting an other branded sandforce wich i also have that does work. might even buy an intel again wich always worked fine..

already starting to regret that i bought this drive and not the same that i already got.. not good.

even if this is a manufacturing issue, let us know so i can rma this ssd to you and get a working one back..

found a temp fix, i can recreate the problem and that's all there can be done by us now. what els do we need to do more? beg for a fix?

my system runs for 52 hours now non stop with trim disabled where with trim enabled it would die on me within 8 hours.

Corsair please do listen to this and fix it or lose customers cause this is going to be spread on the net and Corsair Force drives will be sold less period.

Corsair site says this drive can trim, well it can't.. fix it with firmware asap.

Features

•TRIM support (O/S support required)

i'm done with this for now. either fix it or i'm gone here.

haha i feel bad for SSD_GUY, he's the boss around here, and there's nothing that he can do.. except tell the dev team that there are quite many furious people here.

I'll wait for a good month - Aug 31 for Corsair to come up with a fix, or provide a _better_ drive without issues.. Else I'm going to post about this all over other hardware forums. 1 month is plentiful so this is not a threat.

He's around :)

Also, there is no SSD_GUY.

My case number is 1587266.

there you go, build case on this thread. have fun fixing it with sandforce..

my final efford for getting this fixed, tested, diagnosed and replicated the issue.

time for the fix:)

Oh my word let me first start by saying THANK YOU for this thread.

I thought I was all alone on this until I stumbled upon a Google search that lead me straight here.

About 3 or 4 days after I got and installed my Corsair F120, I have experienced the exact same issues as so many others in this thread. Don't get me wrong. Performance is absolutely stellar. I can't believe how much faster this SSD is than my WD Velociraptor. Anyways, the issue I got:

Essentially, while I was away at work I'd come home to find my monitor wouldn't come out of standby. The system had restart and was sitting at a black screen. I went into BIOS to find the Corsair F120 was no longer my boot drive.

This happened at least once every 1-2 days. It was totally random. Then today while browsing Google Earth while AT the computer, the HDD light came on and stayed on. I couldn't do anything in windows other than move the mouse cursor around. About 2 minutes later, BSOD. The same BSOD others here have been getting. I was about to fill out an RMA when I did a Google search and found this thread.

After the BSOD, I can't just reboot. The drive doesn't appear in the BIOS list then. I have to do a full shutdown and power up and then it appears in the BIOS list. It shows up at the bottom of my HDD list, and then I have to move it back to the top and save BIOS.

I'm glad I found a fix on this thread and that is disabling TRIM. Done and done. I can live with Trim disabled--for now. What I want to see from Corsair is downloadable FIRMWARE for this SSD that addresses this issue and fixes Trim, clear & simple so I can enable it again!

Thanks again for the users of this forum for finding a solution to this issue! I have supported Corsair for almost a decade now, I don't want to stop. They are the most reliable tech company I know. My PSU is corsair. My RAM is corsair. Lets keep quality as number one priority, make some firmware and address the issue ASAP! I'll keep recommending Corsair to my coworkers & friends despite this F120 issue, I absolutely love the speed of this SSD.

Funny thing they said. We're a small % of users with this problem. I'm pretty sure this issue exists for all owners of these drives. Else they would offer a replacement, right? They must have known of the issue and kept quiet about it. Admitting would kinda be disastrous. Mass recall? Bad reputation?

But hey, we're clients, and many of us been supporting Corsair for a very long time, and for me, I hope to keep things that way.

Hoping to hear good things.

I'm realy sad to Report that in my case disabling TRIM did not solve the problem of the BSOD.

C:\Users\sherlock>fsutil behavior query disabledeletenotify

DisableDeleteNotify = 1

And it still happend. I use MS AHCI driver.

What drivers do you use in the setups that were fixed by disabling trim?

I use the msahci with trim disabled. No bsod since. It's been many days. I think if there's still bsod it's probably caused by something else? There are many F4 BSODs caused by all kinds of things according to Google. I started this thread, did a LOT of testing I can say that I know this issue very well.

The second I was purchasing the the SSD I had a choice between OCZ and Corsair and I just clicked Corsair as it was like 4 USD cheaper and I had their psu and a case.

I now SOOO regret that decision. The amounf of time and money I wasted to fix that is immense and they still did not admit there is a problem.

The second I was purchasing the the SSD I had a choice between ******** and Corsair and I just clicked Corsair as it was like 4 USD cheaper and I had their psu and a case.

I now SOOO regret that decision. The amounf of time and money I wasted to fix that is immense and they still did not admit there is a problem.

Thay are looking in to this and i know atleast 1 more issue then these 2 to look into on F-series, so it may take time to look all.

That they dont reply for this, isnt that they dont care. They just may want to look deep in to this, so they are sure what cause, these problems. 1 or 1000+ different thing.

Personaly i have 2 of this (F60) in RAID0 and 1 more is on shipping, so iam hoppefull on this and dont regret.

My pc is up ~5Hours a day. I dont need sleep mode, but its on and working with, ASUS own Intel 8.9 drivers.

Maybe its that, low use time and if so, there might be more people like me that dont like to raise their, electircity bill and thats why so little mount of cases...

had exact same issue with MS drivers 8.6 or so wich do not support trim in raid mode.
There isnt a driver version (yet) that support trim going in to RAID array, just bypass it to non raid SSD, in same contoller.

Thay are looking in to this and i know atleast 1 more issue then these 2 to look into on F-series, so it may take time to look all.

That they dont reply for this, isnt that they dont care. They just may want to look deep in to this, so they are sure what cause, these problems. 1 or 1000+ different thing.

Personaly i have 2 of this (F60) in RAID0 and 1 more is on shipping, so iam hoppefull on this and dont regret.

My pc is up ~5Hours a day. I dont need sleep mode, but its on and working with, ASUS own Intel 8.9 drivers.

Maybe its that, low use time and if so, there might be more people like me that dont like to raise their, electircity bill and thats why so little mount of cases...

There isnt a driver version (yet) that support trim going in to RAID array, just bypass it to non raid SSD, in same contoller.

if you read the thread and see my pc config i used the ssd pass throug.. but then again i'm done here. peace

• Corsair Employees

This thread is getting hard to follow and convoluted.

So please only reply if you are getting a BSOD issue and let me know your system configuration IE O.S. you are using and if you have any third party software installed other than Microsoft S/W

We have not been able to duplicate this error when testing so it will help to find out who is having this problem and I will contact you all by PM to get it resolved.

Also please post a screen shot from Crystal Disk Info.

Archived