Corsair Community

Issues with Corsair Nova 32GB

Hello, I have a Corsair Nova 32GB and very frequently, it halts my computer on startup. Occasionally I am able to get into windows and view data on the drive, but many times my entire computer freezes when windows is starting. The drive also takes a long time to pass post. The post leds on my motherboard show that it spends a lot of time on HDD initialization. If I remove the SSD it boots up very quickly. My motherboard is also capable of recognizing hot-plugged SATA devices, and it freezes my desktop most of the time as well, then when my computer recovers, the drive does not show up under Computer or device manager. I have tested this in another motherboard and it shows very similar problems. Does anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this or is it reason to RMA?

• Corsair Employees

Are you using the drive as the Boot drive or as a second HDD?

If you are using it as a second HDD I would suggest backing up the data on the drive and then use Parted Magic to secure erase the drive and see if that solves the Post issue. If not then I would suggest we get it replaced, you can use the link on the left to request an RMA to send the drive to us.

It was used as a boot drive but my motherboard was being RMA'd so I attached it to another computer to get the data off it. I will try a secure erase. Also the serial number on my drive is not the normal xxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxxx format but rather xxxxxxxx-xxxxxx. Will I have an issue if I end up needing to RMA the drive?

Just did an ATA Secure Erase using Parted Magic and ran an ATTO benchmark. It seems to be working properly, are these speeds normal? The speed drops sharply at 128k and recovers as it continues. I ran this twice and got an identical result.

http://i961.photobucket.com/albums/ae92/LemonSlice762/Everything%20Else/CSSD-V32GB2.png

Archived