Corsair Community

Memtest86+ fails 4 dimms but passes individually

DrunkenCanadian

I've been having a problem with my setup. I have 4X1 of the CM2X1024-6400C4D on an Asus Striker Extreme mobo (BIOS 1004) and I ran Memtest with all 4 dimms and I get 16 errors within 15 minutes. On the contrary if I run them individually for 2+ hours I get nothing...

I've tried different settings for the memory voltage but I mainly just leave it at 2.1v

TCL: 4

TRCD: 4

TRP: 4

TRAS: 12

Command Per Clock: 2

TRC: 24

I haven't overclocked anything and I leave all the voltages for everything else on AUTO.

Any suggestions?

I'll try different voltages like you guys suggested and let you know what happens.

UPDATE: Ok so I don't know what happened, but I left everything at the default voltages and settings and I reset the CMOS and proceeded to test 2 gigs for a few hours. No errors. I then added the third stick and repeated the same process. Still no errors. I then took another spare stick I had and added that one. I tested all 4 of them for 7+ hours and no errors. I have no idea what happened but whatever I did, either clearing the CMOS or using that spare stick, made it stable again.

Archived