Corsair Community

Asus P7P55D-E Deluxe & H50 Backing PLate

Hipster Doofus

Installed the H50 yesterday & had one hell of a job lining up the holes for the backing plate.

Using the instructions for the 1156, everything was where it was supposed to be.

I had to rearrange the configuration as best I could. Finally got the backing plate in place but could not use the sticky to hold it there.

When I tightened everything up the backing plate started to bulge.

Looks a bit ungamely but it is secure so it is not an issue.

Just wondering if there is something wrong with the template for the backing plate on the Asus board?

btw Love how quiet it is. :biggrin:

• Corsair Employees

The Asus P7P55D-E is a socket 1156 MB and I am not sure what you mean by

Using the instructions for the 1156
But It sounds like you got it figured out and should be good to go.

One thing is some MB's may deviate from the reference design and use the LGA775 Lay out for the Mounting holes but the Documentation for the 1156 May be miss printed, however the holes are marked on the back plate.

Thanks for the replys.

I had the backing plate sitting as per the second picture. I had to rearrange the screws as they did not line up with the holes. Once I tightened it all up the backing plate started to buckle outwards but it did all come together.

At the moment I have it all setup & running but am planning on adding a couple of bits in a week or two. When I do I take a picture but on the HAF case you can only see the top two holes.

As per the 1156 this is what I tried to follow. Please tell me they were the right directions.........wouldn't be suprised if I got it wrong. :biggrin:

1156.thumb.jpg.bc735d64599b6dad81342732c35213e1.jpg

• Corsair Employees
I would take the back plate off and if you look at the holes they are marked for the socket you use. and make sure they are in the correct holes as I mentioned before the documentation was found to be in error.

Put the other bits in so while it was off took a couple of pics. Not the best but you'll get the idea.

As I said that was the only configuration where I could line up all the holes....with a little persuasion.

The back plate is designed to be universal over 3 Intel platforms which is why it has 3 sets of holes. Therefore, the back plate is not going to be "squared" with respect the back of the socket plate.

attachment.php?attachmentid=6023&d=1256076576

Now I get you. Follow the instructions...their wrong. Can't be bothered now taking the board back out. I just got it up & running. If my eyesight was better I might have been able to see those numbers.

Anyway it all came together & nothing is moving.

Thanks for clearing it up.

Archived