Corsair Community

CMX6GX3M3A2000C9 on Asus P6X58D Premium w/ a Cooler Master V10 Hybrid cooler!

lawrencendlw

I have ordered 2 CMX6GX3M3A2000C9 (XMS DDR3 2000 6GB kit CAS 9 Latency) kits and a Asus P6X58D Premium Motherboard but I checked the QVL on the Asus site and this memory kit isn't listed. I don't know if its just because the ram is a new kit and just isn't listed yet or what. So I have 2 questions about these kits. 1) Is it actually compatible with the Asus P6X58D Premium motherboard and 2) will it fit under a Cooler Master V10 Hybrid cooler (the Cooler Master site says that it will not fit over ram taller than 40mm tall). Any info on this would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

We have not tested our modules for clearance with that specific cooler. You may want to do a bit of searching and see if you can find other users that have that cooler.

I have already ordered and it will be here tomorrow so I will come back and let you know if it works or not. I know that Cooler Master did test and successfully used your Dominator ram and said that it fit with plenty of room to spare, it just wont fit with the fan ( the fan you ship with the dominator and dominator GT ram) attached but it doesn't need to be attached as the ram is directly under the TEC (Thermal Electric Cooling unit on the V10 Hybrid cooler) so it effectively cools both the ram and the motherboard surrounding the cooler (mainly the north bridge unless you have a heat sink that attaches both chip sets cooling wise like on the P6X58D Premium motherboard). Thank you for your very speedy reply to my question and this just proves again why Corsair is such a great company with quality products and even better customer service that should have you guys be a force to recon with within the computer component community and is why I have always bought and will always buy your products (well at least your RAM but now that you are branching out into other components, such as cases and cooling, the sky is the limit for you. I can't wait for the day that I have a Corsair CPU in my Corsair motherboard with my Corsair ram and video cards all inside my Corsair case powered by my Corsair power supply and cooled with Corsair cooling. LOL). Anyways keep up the good work and I will continue to recommend you to my friends and clients. And again I will post my findings about clearance of your ram under the cooler master V10 cooler.

Is the CMX6GX3M3A2000C9 set a new set? The reason that I ask is because I haven't seen it before and I found it odd that there was 6GB DDR3 2000 of Corsair memory with 9-9-9-24 timings for sale for $179.99 with free shipping on Newegg.com (this seems to me as one hell of a deal. It almost makes me wonder if there is something wrong with them for me to be able to get them for that cheap) And that there weren't any reviews on there either.

Archived