Corsair Community

CM2X10248500C5D OS only 3 Gb available to OS

Baer

I have 4 sticks of CM2X10248500C5D running in one of our computers. The BIOS only sees 3 of the 4 Gb (OS is Win 7 64, Mobo is ASUS Commando). In WIndows 7 it shows a total of 4 Gb but only 3 available. On this machine nothing is OCed, everything stock.

Memtest tests two instances on 1024 OK but when I try to run the 3rd instance at the same time (the 3rd 1024 segnment) memtest locks. WIndows memory diagnostic, running the normal test shows all OK. I am running the extended test through multiple loops now.

The computer runs fine but why is only 3 Gb available to the OS? I have removed the RAM and reseated it in various different slots with the same results.

As I just had my second stick of Domintor GT fail in the last year I am getting a little concerned about reliability.

I will look for it, thanks

I have now tried to boot the computer with just one of the dimms, one at a time. They all boot and show 1 Gb memory. With all four back in they again show 3 Gb in the BIOS and 4 Gb in the OS with just three available. I also boosted memory voltage a little, no difference.

I will look for it, thanks

I have now tried to boot the computer with just one of the dimms, one at a time. They all boot and show 1 Gb memory. With all four back in they again show 3 Gb in the BIOS and 4 Gb in the OS with just three available. I also boosted memory voltage a little, no difference.

See if there is a memory remapping option in the BIOS. If yes, enable it.

Voltage has nothing to do with this. Did you look for the memory remapping option in the BIOS? :confused:

Archived