Corsair Community

New TW3X4G1333C9A DDR3 loads to black screen

StickyMcGrooder

Hello,

I'm tring to put new memory in my system and it loaded the first time. Then played a game and got BSoD. Now it wont even load to BIOS. When I put the old DDR2 memory in there it boots up fine. I'm pretty sure my system is compatable with the new DDR3 but I'm new at this and not sure what to do.

Do I have to have the settings set before I put the new DDR3 in?

Thanks guys, sorry for my newbee-ness.

Thanks Yellowbeard,

I have never done that before. Just looked it up online and looks pretty easy. Question though, will the BIOS automaticly come up again after the reset? Also, should I have the DDR3 sticks in when I reset it.

Thanks! :D:

Yes, you will need to reboot with the DDR3 modules after clearing the CMOS. You'll get a message during post that you need to reset your BIOS. At that point, manually reset the voltage and timings if needed. The clear CMOS procedure should be outlined in your manual also.

One more for ya! When manually setting the timings, I know the basic 4 timings and Voltage. They are right on the stick. But when I look at the BIOs there are a few more timings that I'm not sure about. Where can I find the "other" timings for this model of memory?

One more for ya! When manually setting the timings, I know the basic 4 timings and Voltage. They are right on the stick. But when I look at the BIOs there are a few more timings that I'm not sure about. Where can I find the "other" timings for this model of memory?

Leave all of the other timings at their default/AUTO settings.

Awesome! Booted up fine. Thanks again Yellowbeard.

When I run CPU-Z it says my DRAM Frequency is only 667.9MHz. I set the BIOS to 1333MHz. Do you know why this happens? I noticed it when I had my DDR2(800MHz) it said it was 400MHz.

My MB supports up to 1333MHz.

Archived