Corsair Community

12GB ram question 2x6GB kits

Foxone

hey i ordered a 12GB CMD12GX3M6A1600C8 ramset from tigerdirect, and got an email stating sorry out of stock. we are going to send you next best we have, and any change in less priced i would be refunded anything higher on us. ok im game(thinking red GTs lol).

so i get them in and it 2 sets of TR3X6G1600C8D on top of that they have ver7.1 (2010 year dated on box) on one set and ver3.1 (dated 2009) on the other. so am i looking at problems here? TD wants me to pay for shipping back, and stock fee because they dont cover the whole matched sets thing or something as i was told on phone.

im fine with the 6GBx2 aslong as versons being different are ok. even got a we are sorry discount for the out of stock. didnt think it would be 2 sets of 6. lol

thoughts?

If they sent 2 kits of 6 GB without asking you then they should pay for shipping back with no restock fee, no questions asked. 2 kits of 6 GB that aren't tested together is clearly different than one 12 GB kit. They did not send you what you asked for.

oh thats great.

well thats what i said about not getting what i ordered. now looking at it the order was cleared off, and the 2x set was added in a different order.

now that may be why i got it for a discount. it was just left over ram set they had maybe.

if TD wont work with me anything corsair can do?

Archived