Corsair Community

How to obtain Corsair review sample??

AFQ

I wanted to know how to obtain a review sample of Corsair Power Supplies or Cooling Solutions? I hope RAM GUY or some other employee at Corsair might be of some help.

I am from Pakistan and i have done a couple of cooling product reviews of some renowned products.

Thanks.

• Corsair Employees
Please send an email request to the press contact that pertains to your country from the Press Page. I would strongly suggest you be as professional as possible or the email will be ignored and you will need to provide links to any previous posts and or reviews as well as a link to your web site and any other information that may be needed.

I sent a mail to Press Contact for my Country but haven't received any response. I mentioned all the things you stated. I think i should try once again.

Can you be of any help?

• Corsair Employees

I am sorry but no I cannot do anything about this, and I am sorry the reviewers are chosen based on their exposure, normally only the top ten review sites are chosen especially when the economy is slow, what item are you wanting to review? Do you have the proper equipment to review this product or Products?

Have you done any reviews of any like products, and can provide links? Does your review site have substantial traffic flow? IE for example Tom's hardware has 20 Million Views and can have more with a review on a popular item?

Now Toms is one of the largest review sites but there are others as well to compare to like Legit reviews, HARDOCP.com, Anandtech.com, PCMag.com, maximumpc.com, technologyreview.com to name a few. How does your site compare to these?

I am not saying anything about you for a reason and that reason is its not about you personally. You asked for my help and I am trying to give it to you the best I can. We as a company have to get a return on an investment and sending hardware to a site or person to review is or can be expensive for us. However it is considered advertising and thus has to have some benefit for us and you. Now you don't have to be as large as say Hard OCP or Toms but you need to show why we or any other company would want to have your site review our hard ware.

I am not trying to be rude only to the point I don't think you realize how many requests we get like this and these are some of the things you should consider before you make a request like that. You mentioned you wanted to review PSU's if so do you have a Croma 8000 to test the PSU with, or any other Power supply testing hardware?

Short of these things we will often encourage a review site to purchase the hardware in the channel to ensure the testing is un-biased.

I can understand what you are trying to say.

Our site is one of the most visited sites in our country. Infact, Its the only website with proper hardware reviews. It cant compete with Tom's or other big names but our population mostly get their information from this website.

Only reason i asked for a review sample was that some distributors recently listed A70 and A50 Coolers in retail but there are no reviews about them on internet. So i thought if i can get a review sample it might be helpful for our people. All they want to know is that will these justify their local price.

Yes, i have done some cooler reviews before and some other are in progress including reviews of some of the unreleased coolers from big companies like Noctua and Thermalright. If you want to see some published reviews i can link you to them.

If you ask about return on your investment for review samples, i can ensure you that a review on our site will give you enough return in our country.

I'll be waiting for your response.

if you dont mind me asking, what is your website?

i am admin at liquidninjas and 3 years ago we had millions and millions of hits due to our reviews and exposure in the overclocking/watercooling community but due to financial reasons we stopped doing reviews and when we tried to get Corsair (as well as other mfg's) to sponsor some reviews we were turned down several times as well.

best bet really is to get some donations from your members and buy the stuff yourself.

the reason i say this is because we did a couple X vs Y reviews with sponsored parts and the MFG did not agree with our findings and made us pull the reviews. if you buy the parts yourself nobody can say squat.

/.02

• Corsair Employees

Synthohol I did not know that, great site by the way I do go there often, well maybe a every few months or weeks. But AFQ his example is something to go by. And for the record I was not trying to say that you had to have a large site only that these were some of the things our marketing may look at. There are also many other concerns that would go into a request. IE for example the items you may be requesting may not be widely available in your area. I know that our marketing staff are always looking at new sites and while these things are some of the things they may look at they are not the only things.

Best thing to do is make your request and followup from time to time keeping them up on any reviews that may be related to the your requests. And keep up with local resellers they will be the best source of influence to our marketing/Sales people.

thanks RG, LN is close to a chat room now because we arent doing reviews anymore. as a matter of fact the reviews section is busted due to lack of funds.

since i have FIOS now and host my own personal page(s) i want to get back into it.

Asetec sent me a waterchill kit a few years ago that kicked some serious ****, ill try to find the review and host it again so you can see my style of reviewing.

/edit ""a r s e" is on the filter list?

• Corsair Employees

Well I guess its been a while since I was there, Sorry! but I have been to that site many times previously. And I am sorry we did not provide you with hardware, but as I remember that was with the Hydro cool water cooling that was about to be discontinued was most likely the reason we did not send out water cooling products.

P.S. some of the links for the picks are not working in that post by the way.

• 1 year later...

I want to review a corsair 300R case, or any one of them, how to ?

I live in India and I love everything Corsair manufactures, I can also review RAMs, Power Supplies, Cooling solutions, SSDs, Flash drives and everything.. :) Please tell me how to.. :)

Archived