Corsair Community

TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF and Asus Maximus II Formula

NeverwinterMoon

Hello,

I have a problem using TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF with my Maximus II Formula MB.

I already posted before in someone else's thread, describing the problem I was having, and was advised to RMA the memory. I did get the memory back in about a week, although the RMA tracking didn't display any changes since Corsair received the memory. I also got only one letter - that my memory was received by Corsair. I even was surprised to receive the parcel. Even though I find it a bit weird, it's not the matter.

The problem I had is still present. My PC can run for a while (last time was about a week), then I turn it off and on again and start getting crashes and Memtest86 errors (a whole bunch of them, thousands).

I did use all the recommended settings. I also understand that my motherboard is completely supported. Another thing, this exact MB works without any problem with a different set of Corsair memory. I also have another computer, totally different MB, still having problems with TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF but a different set of Corsair memory works just fine.

Oh and only one of the sticks is giving me errors. Although, a week ago both sticks were tested and showed no errors.

I really don't know what to do now and would appreciate any advice.

Archived