Corsair Community

Corsair H50 Push Pull Temps on an i7 930

xMichael2008x

Anyone here own an i7 920/930? (I'm on stock settings btw no overclocking on my i7 930) I just want to know what everyone elses are etc. What are your temperatures with the cooler.

I took this screenshot on idle, the case is next to the air vent were the AC is on. Do these temps look fine?

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/8155/lovejz.png

Hey bro, I'm going through the same dilemma as you. My core temps with my 920 with push pull exhaust are IDENTICAL to yours.

However I'm beginning to think either our H50's are bad... or people are looking at CPU temps rather than CORE temps...

I mean I read around ppl saying they have 30c or lower temps for their H50..but my cores are average 40cish. Just wondering what else people are getting

Exactly, the thing though is I'm beginning to believe that they are referring to their CPU temps and not CORE temps. Like how yours is 27 degrees. I don't know though, I bumped my thread a few below yours asking the question. when we talk about oc'ing and temps, do we average the core temps or do we state the cpu temps...

Hey Michael. I spoke with Corsair techs and they and they said our temps sound in spec, doesn't look like H50 defect but a replacement can be had if wished. I don't know if I wanna go through the trouble though, lazy to install lol.

Hey geehansok,

Thanks for the info, I just played 3D games/medium video editing/encoding and the cores didn't go over 47c. My room has the AC on it's pretty cool in here. Just kinda weirded that people get in the high 20c with their H50 on idle, but we get high 30c's and low 40c's.

Here is a RealTemp screenshot after I played 3D games, etc.

http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/3145/19350429.png

Oh well, as long as my temps don't go over 47c :D (I will reset my sensor temperature min/max and I will try to run Prime 95 to see how hot things really get)

I will post a screenshot shortly after I do a Prime95 test with RealTemp...

Just to add mine , i have i7-930 with h50 p/p with scythe sflexx e's and get idle 28-33 across the cores , after a few hours of primepower , large ffts max heat i hit ~ 55 and cools back down to within a few degress of idle within 5 minutes of ending test , ambient temps in the room is around 23 at the moment .

Here is the results after I ran the sensor test on RealTemp..I think they are decent results..though I'd like to see lower temperatures for idle since I'm not overclocked yet.

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/3791/80396400.png

* My case is next to the AC Vent and its cold :) I don't know how much of a difference it would make if it was turned off when I started the tests.

temps seem a bit high ( but well within spec ) if its right next to an a/c unit , i'm presuming you have the H50 setup so its pulling air into the case as per Corsairs recommended install ? , also what case are you using ? .

Wow your recent results make me look really bad haha. I'm not putting the computer next to the AC, but wow, gee I'm lazy to rma and install it again lol... Gotta remove the case, remove the H50, clean the cpu, reinstall the new H50, then pray.

TOO much work imo, unless I can get temps down by like 10+ degrees celsius.

Keep in mind that the temp ranges you guys are seeing can be the simple variance between how 2 different MOBOs report temperatures, BIOS version on any given board, ambient temps, 1 fan vs 2 fans, stock TIM vs replacement TIM, etc etc etc.

The temps shown in this thread look well within spec.

temps seem a bit high ( but well within spec ) if its right next to an a/c unit , i'm presuming you have the H50 setup so its pulling air into the case as per Corsairs recommended install ? , also what case are you using ? .

Yes it's next to the A/C vent that is currently ON. Yes I have the H50 Push-pull setup with the Corsair fan being the first fan and then another fan being the one inside pulling air off the radiator.

My specs are on my View Spec's under my name, Case: Cooler Master HAF X (newly released)

I turned off the PC, let it cool down for about 20 minutes. The AC has cooled down my room, but the door is still shut.

I tried to strain the system via Prime95, Sensor Test, and my video card with Furmark. And got these results. I did not apply/re-apply any thermal paste on the H50 nor took anything out. I just made the room's temperature cool (ceiling fan and AC).

I had multiple sensors, I deleted CoreTemp, etc. and made sure only RealTemp was running (I read somewhere on another forum that multiple temp sensor programs misread the temps if you run like 3 together at the same time). The temperatures are only high (maybe 54c IDLE) for me if the room is closed, no air flow or AC on (even ceiling fans if you have any).

Hey geehansok,

Here is another prime95 test with RealTemp. This time my room had no AC, but the CEILING fan was on, you could feel a decent breeze in the room.

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/794/test5b.png

reached 63c max. I wouldnt like to try this on a hot, no ac/fan, or any type of breeze coming in the room lol I bet it would read 70c+

Hey Mike,

I just brought my H50 back to the store for another one. This time I left the Shin Etsu on it and changed my fans to push pull intake, while installing a side exhaust.

My temps with this new H50 are a little better. Cores idling at around ~38 and 65 @ 100% load in a moderately warm room. Almost a 10 degrees change!!!

But damn, the computer so loud now...

sweet :) let me know if you find a way to get it lower without adjusting the room temperature too lol

* The computer loudness shouldnt have changed if you just got your corsair h50 replaced with another. Unless you set your two radiator fans for (Push Pull) to max, but that in itself isn't that loud for me in my Cooler Master HAF X case. The loudest thing I have is my GPU (because I have the fan set to 60%).

And run a sensor test, I wanna see your temps (reset your temps first)

So Mike yea, either I've gone through 2 lemons or this is pretty much what our setups + chips + H50's can do...

Lol

EDIT:

I wanted to add though, when I removed the H50 to install the new one, the screws mounting the H50 were EXTREMELY LOOSE. I know for a fact that when it was installed intiially, I had them hand tight. However I'm guessing the heat caused the screws to loosen. This means that every now and then we're going to have to tighten the H50 pump because it'll go loose enough one day and eventually fall off...

Archived