Corsair Community

H50 Warranty question

andyvee

Hi again Ramguy , hope you are well , quick question for you , can you clarify Corsair's warranty on the H50 if the pump fails and leaks all over your system will you replace all components affected or just the H50 , reason i'm asking is there seems to have been a few issues here and elsewhere with different " reported " results .

My reason for buying the H50 instead of a n other all in one was because this appeared to be the case with Corsair and i was intending to just replace the H50 within the 2 years with another h50 or whatever corsair was shipping at the time as the cooler is ~ £65 ( small change ) but its got about ~£1700 worth of components within easy reach of any escaping fluid :eek:

In no event shall Corsair Memory be liable, whether in contract or tort (including negligence)

for damages in excess of the purchase price of the product, or accessory, or for any indirect, incidental,

special or consequential damages of any kind, or loss of revenue or profits, loss of business, loss of

information or data, software or applications or other financial loss arising out of or in connection with

the ability or inability to use the products or accessories to the full extent these damages may be

disclaimed by law.

thats the warranty right from the user guide of the H50.

the risk of leakage is something we all accept by watercooling unfortunately, it is an enthusiast sport really.

Yes i too have the same piece of paper that came with my H50 :p: , however the reason i went for the H50 instead of cool****e's alternative was that some people who have had proven pump failure were being reinbursed by Corsair for damaged parts .

The idea of the H50 is to appeal to the mainstream not the euthusiast , if i wanted to go down that route i would do it " properly " with pumps / rads etc , the H50 gives me reasonable cooling with less bulk and weight but performance is no better than a lot of the top air coolers .

I will wait to hear from Ramguy or someone else who works for Corsair as if the warranty is only for the cooler even in the case of pump failure then it will have to go as there appears to be a growing number of leaking H50's both here and on a couple of other forums i visit lately .

oh i hear ya, i wasnt trying to sound like a douche, these things are handled on a case by case basis. the point that i tried to highlight is that there is no set rule of "your pump killed my xxxx.xx worth of parts and you should pay" that many people will assume seeing Corsair reimbursing some people.

im the paranoid type. if i didnt put on the hoses/clamps/zipties myself i just cannot put faith in it. this is why i have not purchased one yet but at the same time the failure rate is well below 1% which is phenomenal and inspires me to rethink my paranoia and consider one for my planned i7 purchase. a block, pump, hoses and rad will cost me over 300 bucks so for less than 1/4 of the cost i could go with the H50 and hope to be with the 99,x% of satisfied purchasers. the extra savings can double my ram capacity so its real food for thought.

• Corsair Employees
I think Synthohol has explained it best but to answer your question, officially the warranty only covers the H50 and if it should fail will be replaced ASAP with in the two year warranty. Any further concerns or questions would have to be taken up with our customer service in writing by email at RMAservice@corsairmemory.com

Thanks for the replies , i'll see how things go , basically happy with it so far so will see if many more appear to fail before removing it , can't be too bad as alienware/dell are using the same asestek unit in their builds now along with others , would be nice for a 240 rad version to come out soon though to get a bit more cooling overhead potential ;): .

• Corsair Employees
I cannot really talk about unreleased products but I would expect to see a newer version of this sometime in this quarter to the fourth quarter this year. Keep an eye out on Press releases.

I cannot really talk about unreleased products but I would expect to see a newer version of this sometime in this quarter to the fourth quarter this year. Keep an eye out on Press releases.

I really hope Corsair gave us the option on using the current back plate on it. I really don't want to have to strip down a new rig for a newer version.

Archived