Corsair Community

In which headers do i connect the Corsair H50 to?

ws0007351

I bought the Corsair Hydro series 50 (Corsair H50) closed-loop water cooler today. I have the ******** 900 and the Asus P6T SE. The cooler has two power pins, one for the fan (for the radiator) and one for the pump.

I was told i should give full power to the pump (no regulation) and then plug the fan into a header that adjusts quickly to CPU temp, not mobo temp. Could you guys please take a look at my motherboard and tell me where to connect them;(name of the header and approximate location)?

I really appreciate it, i really want to get the best out of this cooler, I've heard it performs really well, I just want to make sure everything is getting the correct power.

On a side note, i might want to do a push pull config, can i use my rear case fan to do so?

Here is my mobo, and cooler:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131386&cm_re=asus_p6t_se-_-13-131-386-_-Product

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181010&cm_re=h50-_-35-181-010-_-Product

Suggest that you connect your pump to the PWR_FAN header.

Suggest that you connect your fan to the CPU_FAN header.

See p. 2-32 of your user manual for the locations of your MB fan headers.

I can go into more detail if you wish, but those two headers should do the job you're looking for.

Suggest that you connect your pump to the PWR_FAN header.

Suggest that you connect your fan to the CPU_FAN header.

See p. 2-32 of your user manual for the locations of your MB fan headers.

I can go into more detail if you wish, but those two headers should do the job you're looking for.

And can i use my rear case fan of the Antec 900 to do push/pull. Do i use this rear fan as push or pull? I have 3 speeds on it, which one should i run it at?

Most people will say to try both directions, push/pull intake and push/pull exhaust (fans in opposite direction), and take the lower of the two, CPU (core) temperature-wise.

Corsair suggests intake push/pull will usually produce lower CPU core temperatures. YMMV.

There is no guarantee on one unique setup (of fans) working for all the different DIY's possible.

You need to look at what you have fan-wise and their possible locations, make the total overall internal airflow as clean (reroute/hide as much cabling as possible as this can interfear with the internal airflow) and directional as possible.

For example, I have lower front intake push/pull (~90 CFM max), upper front intake (~80 CFM max), upper rear exhaust (~90 CFM max), lower rear exhaust (~15 CFM max), and top exhaust (~130 CFM max).

In other words, intake bottom/front, and exhaust top/rear, with all cabling routed in the space behind the MB (for my case, which has a compartment behind the MB for routing cabling).

Archived