Corsair Community

Can I use 2 pairs of slightly different models? -AG vs D vs DHX.

EvilVegan

Hey all,

I'm new to custom computer building. I ordered a bundle package Asus p7p55d pro with a TW3X4G1333C9D pair. One of the sticks doesn't seem to function (computer won't post with just that stick in, will post with just the other stick, and it only registers half the RAM if both are in with BIOS or 7. Windows 7 just says 4 GB (1.99 GB available).

So, I'm doing an RMA. In the mean time however, I was going to go ahead and order some extra RAM to tide me over. And having 8GB after I get my RMA isn't going to hurt...

The problem is that TW3X4G1333C9D isn't available anywhere except in bundles (that I found).

I can only find TW3X4G1333C9AG and TW3X4G1333C9DHX.

Would it be a problem to use TW3X4G1333C9DHX?

Should I put them in any particular combination? DHX as a1/b1 or a2/b2?

Is it just the same RAM with slightly different attachments?

Thanks in advance & sorry about the noob question...

Upon further investigation the TW3X4G1333C9DHX is PC10600, the TW3X4G1333C9AG is PC10666 and the TW3X4G1333C9D is PC10666.

So would TW3X4G1333C9AG work? Same latency (9-9-9-24). It's cheaper too, so that would be nice.

1. It's not AG, it's just A. There's a space between the A and the G, and the G isn't part of the part number at all.

It's NEVER recommended to mix memory as they haven't been tested together. Having said that, your best chance at success is getting TW3X4G1333C9DHX with the same revision.

1. It's not AG, it's just A. There's a space between the A and the G, and the G isn't part of the part number at all.

It's NEVER recommended to mix memory as they haven't been tested together. Having said that, your best chance at success is getting TW3X4G1333C9DHX with the same revision.

Well... That's terrible. I can't order the ram I have separate from motherboard bundles (for some reason), so I'll never be able to go above 4 GB...

I didn't even think to check if the RAM was available for purchase separately...

Oh well, I guess I'll just RMA these sticks and wait for them to come back.

Thanks for the reply!

you will get back the same model what you send, there is no feasible reason to RMA.

also you still shouldnt mix kits its a expensive roll of the dice to get them to work together.

have a read...http://forum.corsair.com/v3/attachment.php?attachmentid=3803&d=1215810616

Archived