Corsair Community

Bad Power Supply?

shroomin

Hello,

I recently purchased a new video card an XFX Geforce 250gs 1GB, when I powered up my system I realized that I need a new power supply. I purchased a Corsair TX750W. I installed this power supply, powered up the computer and it will not boot. The power light on the MB comes on and all the fans spin and the HDD led comes on, but I get no video signal and no power to the keyboard and doesn't even get to POST. I unplugged all my USB devices including keyboard and mouse, and all power connections to all drives except HDD and video card still same result. I tried a diffrent power connecter to the video card and HDD still the same thing. I replaced my old PSU and the computer boots up. I tried resetting CMOS same thing. Any Suggestions. Should I return the PSU and get the same thing or maybe upgrade to the tx850w

Shroomin

• Corsair Employee
The issue you are running into has nothing to do with the wattage of the PSU. This PSU would easily power that system. I would make sure you have the latest BIOS for the system and then load defaults in the BIOS. Also you may want to test with the old graphics card just to see if you can duplicate the same issues.

Archived