Corsair Community

Gulftown build and H50 placement

lextheimpaler

I noticed that you installed the radiator and fan on the top of the 800D case in your build. Why is that? I thought the fan and radiator was supposed to go at the back of the case?

http://www.corsair.com/systembuild/report.aspx?report_id=1410921&sid=3

The H50 is a sealed system and works in any attitude. I had mine working fine mounted on the top like that. The only thing I found was that in the Corsair 800D case, it was sucking hot air back in from the other two top vents. That reduced the efficiency of the unit. When I diverted the exhaust air from the other ports it worked great. I ended up putting it on the back and taping over the exhaust port in the back just to make sure that the H50 Radiator was pulling all cool air. It works like a champ. It was fine on top, I just didn't want to build a mod to divert the other exhaust.

KK

The H50 is a sealed system and works in any attitude. I had mine working fine mounted on the top like that. The only thing I found was that in the Corsair 800D case, it was sucking hot air back in from the other two top vents. That reduced the efficiency of the unit. When I diverted the exhaust air from the other ports it worked great. I ended up putting it on the back and taping over the exhaust port in the back just to make sure that the H50 Radiator was pulling all cool air. It works like a champ. It was fine on top, I just didn't want to build a mod to divert the other exhaust.

KK

Thank a lot. Can you post a picture?

Archived