Corsair Community

Need help with Bios Settings

AsusP5-User

I have the Asus P5E3 Deluxe with the Corsair CMX4GX32A1600C9 memory set. I tried a couple of the bios settings others have received for this setup in other posts, but I can't seem to get a stable setting.

I can't O.C. the motherboard to the 1600. I would just like to run at 1333 or 1066. The Auto settings keep trying to OC, and fails. Any help would be appreciated. Right now, I have no configuration as all of it is set to Auto, except for the 9-9-9-24 timings.

• Corsair Employees
With Intel chipsets you cannot run the memory faster than the CPU FSB which is DDR1066 by default with that CPU. Search for that MB and select any date and you will find many posts on how to over clock it from a few years ago.

Thanks for the quick response. I don't have the cooling setup to allow me to overclock the MB. I've done a search several times for this combination, but all were for OCing the MB. I know this memory can work in this MB with OC because I am using this computer right now to reply. The temperatures are great at 39-54C depending on light and heavy load. CPU-Z shows FSB of 1066Mhz. The memory however is set at 8-9-9-24-74-2T. The 8 should be a 9 for CAS Latency for this memory.

I have used p5, p5e3, and the memory set number for the search, and haven't found a thread that gives me the BIOS settings to run this memory with FSB of 1066MHz.

Archived