Corsair Community

Another Module Bad (CMX6GX3M3C1600C7)

moyerjg

Just submitted one module of the CMX6GX3M3C1600C7 for RMA and had another module out of the tripple channel kit go bad.

Are there a lot of you having the same problem with this RAM?

The RAM will boot at 1333 but will not boot at it's advertised 1600. (xmp profile 1)

What's up with Corsair? :confused:

Yeah, I set dimm voltage to 1.65. I've also done a ton of different manual configuration settings. What works for one module won't work for another when it comes to clocking the ram at 1600. Everything works great at 1333 up to about 1446. The problem is with the modules themselves. They just can't handle the 1600MHz frequency.

Ram Guy,

Thank you for your quick response and willingness to make things right. Trust me, the last thing I want to do is go through the RMA process. I have ran multiple diagnostic tests and feel strongly that I have ruled out all other possibilities.

I have already submitted an RMA for one out of the three modules. (Corsair has not sent a new one yet) Shortly after submitting the first a second module started giving me problems. One original module remains that seems to be functioning properly. How do you recommend I proceed?

moyerjg, I also had this problem with corsair xms3 1600, after several RMAs and countless attempts to reconcile i have decided that my time and energy is worth more than the $200 i spent on the ram. I have cut my losses and currently using my old corsair xms3 1333 (it still seems to be working fine) until i can find 1600mhz ram that's more reliable. Sorry for the bad news hope you're journey ends better than mine.

Thanks for the heads up. I wish I would have spoke with you before I purchased this memory. I paid 219.00 from micro center 2 weeks ago. New egg has dropped their price to 159.99 after mail in. I already have way to much in this stuff.

Archived