Corsair Community

H50..humming noise ..

kekebuke

I installed H50 on evga 780i, but got a noisy humming sound over the fan noise. Sounds like old refrigerator noise or old fluorescent light noise.

If the nosie is supposed to be like this, let me know.

I have to return it asap. I can't stand w this noise...

Kinda high pitch. Making headache too much.

It depends on the in situ dBA of all your fans, if the fan specifications for all your fans is less than ~26 dBA, than it is possible to hear the pump (1400 RPM/60 SPM ~ 23 Hz (low end of human hearing)).

The pump is rated at 26 dBA.

In my case I have one fan, when set to it's lowest setting produces ~25 dBA, and I can't hear the H50 pump at all, ever. The rest of the fans are, or can be, throttled back below this fan, in terms of noise.

I have 5 of 120mm fan..with 3 steps...which are 18 / 24 / 30 dBA..4 of them usually on 24dBA ...and the last one is always 30dBA.

the high pitch noise is over the fan noise..actually annoying. prob bad pump..according to other post.

O.o....I found this thing...

the guide manual was little odd..

my cpu is qx9650 which is LGA775socket...but..the manual for the 775 is not for LGA775.

The 1156 manual fits for me somehow...i think.it's misprinting...

1156.thumb.jpg.be17292d3f524701a756eca4cc3f001a.jpg

O.o....I found this thing...

the guide manual was little odd..

my cpu is qx9650 which is LGA775socket...but..the manual for the 775 is not for LGA775.

The 1156 manual fits for me somehow...i think.it's misprinting...

I believe but not 100% sure but the LGA775 is the same thing as the 775, I've seen both and they seem like its the same.

Archived