Corsair Community

2 kits of TW3X4G1333C9DHX w/Asus P5E3 Deluxe - BSoDs and Freezes

amdini

After installing 8GB (4x2) of new TW3X4G1333C9DHX, my system POSTed with BIOS defaults but froze when loading Windows 7 64-bit.

I went into the BIOS and set DRAM voltage to 1.68v. Windows loaded and appears to be working fine under normal operating conditions; however, I use a professional audio program that consumes vast quantities of RAM in large sessions--upwards of 4GB at times and this is when I run into trouble with BSoDs and/or slow-freezes that force me to hit the restart button.

Any suggestions on improving system stability by manually setting any other RAM related parameters in the BIOS?

Also, what's the maximum sustainable DRAM voltage for this setup?

I previously had 4GB (4x1) of ******** DDR3 in my system and it only ran stable at 1.96v, which is much higher than the 1.5v spec I read on the TW3X4G1333C9DHX, so I'm afraid of overvolting/killing the new modules.

As of now, the only manual setting I have made is the DRAM voltage set to 1.68v. I'm not looking to overclock, the priority here is system stability.

Thanks.

Thanks, I tried your suggested settings and they did seem to help prolong stability during sessions, however, I'm still experiencing an eventual BsOD after about 2 hours in larger sessions. Should I try bumping the DRAM voltage up some more? Should I set a higher North Bridge voltage? Any other tweaks that might enhance stability would be greatly appreciated. I am willing to forfeit more speed regarding timings or bus--whatever it takes.

Thanks again.

• Corsair Employee
What is the memory voltage at right now? As for the nb voltage you can go slightly higher but maybe try better cooling on the NB first. You might want to try putting a fan over it to help with heat.

Currently, my DRAM voltage is set to 1.70v.

I'll try increasing NB voltage w/additional cooling in place, but what would you recommend is a good place to start? 1.5v?

Thanks again for all the help.

Archived