Corsair Community

Need help

jacklkw

When I press the on button on my UPS, it shows overload. At the same time, the fuse on my house circuit breaker trips, leading to my computer having no electricity what so ever. When I connect my computer directly to the wall socket, the circuit breaker just trips when I just on the socket. I need my computer soon for some urgent uses. Any help will be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
I do not dare to do the power supply paperclip test because of the repeated tripping. I am currently living in Malaysia and want to RMA the power supply. I generated an RMA and gave me the address at Parkway, USA. I calculated the cost to be about RM400 which is out of my budget.

Ok there is more than likely something wrong with your outlet. First test is to take a item with a high current draw and plug it into the outlet. Use an iron or high wattage hair dryer. An electic circular saw would also work. If the breaker trips you have an issue either inside the outlet box, the breaker is at the end of it's days, or the wire within that circuit.

And just to make a point. If something is consistantly tripping a breaker don't EVER keep resetting the breaker and going back to doing whatever tripped it in the first place. Fire waiting to happen. Also, to recommend he keep the PC plugged into the outlet and try the paperclip test is silly. If the cause of the trip is a short between the hot and neutral he can blow the frickin PSU and everything else in his PC.

I asked them several times but did not get a reply. Do you have an exact address for the Taiwan Depot?

If you ship something to an RMA depot without them knowing it's coming, not to mention without a valid RMA for that depot, I have no idea what will happen.

Archived