Corsair Community

Best Gaming Mem for Rampage III Extreme

Tofumaniac

I need recommendation on the best of the best on gaming mem for Rampage III Extreme. I've been looking at 2 rams one is CMT6GX3M3A2000C8 and the other CMG6GX3M3A2000C8. I do not see the difference other than one loose timing and the difference in cost is $150. I heard the new CMT has a connector for airflow pro? but how does that decrease the cost of the CMT, for the new feature?! Am i missing something here?

Anyways any recommendation would be appreciated! Thanks!:sunglasse

Most likely no but then again having that option to have a future upgrade wouldn't hurt. Just not likely in the "near" future. Is it a huge difference to have 1 loose timing in tRCD? Like would i see a FPS drop in games

Also, would CMT6GX3M3A2000C8 be compatible with this board, cuz apparently i don't see it in the compatibility list

I'm about to order some hardware aswell.

My mainboard will be a Asus Rampage III Extreme with a Intel i7 Extreme 980X. And I'm not sure about these two memory modules either.

CMT6GX3M3A2000C8 or CMG6GX3M3A2000C8 the difference is about 130 euro's at the same retailer I order my other parts.

My whole pc will be watercooled including my Ram, I'm trying to find out the differences in the modules in terms of overclocking and flexibility, haven't been able to find much about it on google or in reviews.

Does anybody have some info on this?

Archived