Corsair Community

A Corsair memory product?

jshore

Hi, I purchased 2GB modules of DDR3 1066 non-ECC unbuffered 240 desktop memory (EOM) modules from a supplier. Unfortunately the memory faults after a day or so of continual usage.

Looking at the dimms see the label on the IC board: CORSAIR 50-00184A-G, but no identifying information on the 128MB chips other than 128x8DDR3 T 0940. There is just a paper label over some of the ICs indicating 2GB, DDR3, 1066Mhz 7-7-7-20 128M8.

I'm not sure whether this is legitimate Corsair memory module or not. Is there a data sheet for the above model? What brand of ICs would this be using?

FYI: I'm upgrading 6 1GB dimms on a new core i7 based machine to 6 2GB dimms.

Thanks

The circuitry looks like the later set and has the gold corsair label in the corner, but the 128MB ICs have no manufacturer identification on them. The sticker also does not have the Corsair label.

Is this perhaps an old product? And what IC manufacturer?

See the enclosed picture:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1266/4687855815_3a886f100f_b.jpg

Note that you can zoom in.

fwiw since there is no corsair label the is no warranty at all on those sticks so if you have any issues you are stuck without a paddle in the creek and out all the money you paid.. i'd return them and get some supported ram with the labels.

corsair could have made the PCB and another vendor white labels them. but again those are totally not supported.

• Corsair Employees
I am sorry but that is not how are modules are sold and I do not know how they could have been available for a reseller to Sell, I suspect that someone returned them and then sold them with out heat spreaders on Like Ebay and if so they are no longer covered under warranty. As Synthohol suggested there is no Corsair Label on the modules we would not be able to honor the warranty. I would also suggest contacting the reseller and send them back.

In addition to what RAM GUY has said, could you please send me a PM here and tell me who the reseller is? We would like to look into the origin of this module. Also, if you can, use the module and show us a screenshot using CPU-Z and show the MEMORY tab and the SPD tab.

• 1 year later...

My dad purchased the same modules from a US based eBay reseller.

It caused the PC to be highly unstable and sluggish.

The reseller does not claim the modules to be branded, so nothing wrong there but the PCB has the Corsair imprint on them like the images above.

I ran Speccy on this PC and it listed the manufacturer as 'unknown' in the SPD information ...

They are sold for $10... I told my dad again: if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is...

If someone at corsair wants to know who the reseller is, I can give you all the details.

Archived