Corsair Community

Looking for educated opinion

agraebner

I recently purchased the specs in my profile. I have started assembly I will not be finishing the computer for about another two months due to the cost of the video and sound cards I want to use. I am stuck on the memory selection right now. My intent is for normal use of computer to leave it running at stock clock settings for everything. Due to the nature of these parts and wanting to not waste money on parts that will be replaced later in upgrades I want to make the best decision the first time. I Would like to be able to use this motherboard and processor to their full potential with every piece I install on it. I would like to be able to run near the 16 GB that the board supports however I do not want to slow down its potential to OC. What would be the best balance of quantity and speed of memory for this setup. I like the reputation and have used cosair memory on several builds. I would like to use 4 GB modules and im hoping that they would work for this set up but i fear I'm going to be told to just use 2 GB modules. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

• Corsair Employees

The 4GB modules will limit your memory overclocks heavily and we have not tested the 16GB kit on that processor yet either. Your best bet for overclocking would be a 4GB kit. If you really need more memory you could go with an 8GB kit. See the link below for AMD memory.

http://www.corsair.com/products/phenomii/default.aspx

Archived