Corsair Community

CMX4GX3M2A1600C7 RMA/Compatibility inquiry

I am thinking of submitting a request for RMA on this pair of CMX4GX3M2A1600C7 sticks. My board is a Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P. I can not even get BIOS to post using this memory. This memory was replacing 2GB of OCZ, so I know that the memory is the culprit, 100%. I first installed the 2 Corsair modules and it did not post. Then, I tested each module 1 at a time to try to determine if only 1 stick was bad. BIOS would not post in either instance. Took the Corsair modules out and put the OCZ back in and they worked perfectly.

The reason I am hesitant to RMA is that... what if I RMA these sticks to Corsair, at my own expense, and I get 2 more sticks back that don't work, then what? Are there known compatibility issues with this board? Gigabyte, I've found to be one of the best, if not the best, motherboard manufacturer out there. If Corsair has compatibility issues with Gigabyte boards, I would be very hesitant to buy the Corsair brand anymore.

Moreover, being that I have always been satisfied with Corsair products up until now, I figured I would come here first and see if I can get a solution to my problem before I start posting negative reviews on the web.

• Corsair Employees
Even though the modules are not listed they should be compatible with the MB however with that CPU the fastest you could run the memory would be DDR1333 unless the CPU is over clocked. And the Voltage and timings would need to be set manually with that MB.

Archived