Corsair Community

H50 not getting power

chris52689

Just got and installed the H50 cpu cooler. Made sure I was real carefull, put everything back the right way. When I power on my computer it says the cpu fan has failed. I hooked up my old fan and it said the other fan(where the pump goes) failed. I dont know what is going on. Either both the fan and pump are not getting power, or theres something wrong with them. Any thoughts, suggestions??

• Corsair Employees
If you plugged the pump into the CPU fan header then the board just may not be detecting it correctly and giving you that error. Try plugging the pump into a different header on the board, and disable the CPU fan check error in the BIOS. (Or you could plug the 4-pin H50 fan into the CPU fan header.)

• Corsair Employees
Try swapping where the fan and the pump are plugged into. The only other option is to search for a "Fan Adapter" so that you can plug the pump and fan directly into a spare port on your PSU.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=us&docname=c01077641&dlc=en

if you use firefox you can hit "ctrl and +" to zoom in then "ctrl and 0 (zero)" to go back to normal.

looks like just one 4 pin CPU header and one sys fan header.

attachment.php?attachmentid=6973&d=1275745475

I know i only have one of each. What I what to know is which wires from the fan should be pluged into which pins, cause there not registering on my computer in there current setup.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I got the same problem with nearly the same motherboard.

There is no way to enter the bios setup and doing a CMOS reset is totally useless.

The speeds sent from the sensors are too low so the bios automatically shuts down the pc.

I've found only 1 fix for this: i have to connect both old fans and the H50 to the motherboard (excluding H50's sensors) or I have to connect the H50 directly to the powersupply and get the old fan connected to the motherboard. In both cases, I want to trick the motherboard, so it can allow me to continue the booting process...

Is this a good idea? I don't want to damage H50's wires, so i need to find an adaptor and mod it...

I really need help, because it is the only decent computer that I have at home >.<

Thank you.

• 7 months later...

I know that this is an older post but I'm having the same issue. I have to make this work. How does this sound to the PC gurus out there? I'm fairly certain that the original stock CPU fan was running around 1700 to 1750 rpm's so if I replace the Corsair 120mm 4-pin PWM fan that came with the H50 with say a Cooler Master Blade Master PWM that can go up to 2000 rpm and has a 4-pin, do you think that would work?

I am so frustrated with HP for having Asus hide/disable the part of the BIOS that would have allowed us to fix this via the BIOS. :(

Thanks in advance.

Archived