Corsair Community

2x TR3X6G1600C8 on GA-EX58-Extreme impossible to run on 1600mhz

kikocan75

2x TR3X6G1600C8 on GA-EX58-Extreme impossible to run on 1600mhz

I've tried almost every combination but it fails after passing the "Starting Windows" logo, i receive blue screen sometimes saying "Memory_Management" and sometimes "IRQ Not Equal".

It runs fine on these 2 cases :

1-) I lower it to 1333mhz 8-8-8-24

2-) I remove 1 kit and run with 3x2gb on 1600mhz

I don't know if anybody is able to run 6x2gb on 1600mhz but i think it's not possible.

Edit: Bios is F12

I am building an i7 system and I have two packs of the TR3X6G1600C8D G hoping to use 12 gig of ram. I made a point to pick ram listed by my motherboard manufacturer as qualified. What I didn't catch was that while the kit was qualified, not for 12 Gig (ie all six sockets filled). According to the manual of my motherboard (yes I read the manuals) it says that per the Intel specs, 1600 memory and XMP memory is only supported with one DIMM per channel. Therefore I assume that like the original poster, these sticks will not boot if set to 1600 if all 12 gig are installed.

Here is the question to the Ram Guy (and guru)(on knees while at the seat of wisdom). Can these sticks pretend they are 1333 memory and be rock stable? That way I can run all 12 gig. Is the latency a minimum, therefore I can use 9 instead of 8 reliably? The motherboard manufacturer has some 1600 memory listed as qualified for 6 DIMMS but they are 9 latency. I can't afford to buy 2000 memory right now (wife fired today) and if these DIMMS will work as 1333 then I can stay with the Corsair memory that I like.

I assume that there is probably no way for you to be sure, but am I more likely to get better performance with 6 gig at 1600, or with 12 gig or 1333? Do I get the best performance by going with 12 gig at 1600 but increasing the latency to 9? I will be editing video with software that is very well written for multi-threaded execution (runs all 12 virtual processors at full tilt).

I know this is why you pay a good system builder rather than DIY, but I enjoy the learning. From my reading, I assume that the 1600 memory does play fine as 1333 and running at the stock 1333 for the memory controller will keep down the heat and give me a good stable system, but I come to seat of the guru to find the real truth.:o:

You may want to loosen the memory timings to 9-9-9-24 and try raising the QPI voltage to 1.35-1.4v and see what happens.

I feel like i've tried CL9 also but i'll do it again to be sure.

A question :

While raising QPI, do i need to keep 0.3v as a difference between DRAM Voltage and QPI Voltage ?

Btw, the bios allows me values for QPI and DRAM voltage, ....1.36v/1.38V/1.40V... and ...1.64V, 1.66V, 1.68V... It never gives me an option for 1.35V or 1.37V, i can't remember the correct word for it but i think it's right to say "bios doesn't allow me to enter odd values".

Archived