Corsair Community

RAMGUY. Right. I will never buy corsair again. :mad::mad::mad:

ok, so, i got my RMA of ram back again, case number #1473992.

now, i was happy that it was waiting at home for me.

beyond that, i'm not happy at all.

this is the 4th time i have had the same set of ram NOT working on me.

now, i have even changed my motherboard, and even had to do a whole new install of win7 and go through the hassle of reactivating on a different mtoherboard.

the 2 sticks DO NOT WORK together.

ONE will work, on its own.

the other will not even show post with one long beep.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

however, my own older set of the ram work fine, and my brothers xms2 work fine.

this is not an issue on my part, it really isn't. i am not doing anything wrong here!

is UPS somehow destroying my ram in transit, using magnetic scanners? is customs destroying it?

the motherboard i chose 100% supports the motherboard according to corsair.

i want to know what is going to be done so that i get either a working set of ram, or i get some sort of monetary reparation so i can buy some ram that will WORK. i have been without a working 4GB of ram for at least 3 months now, and i have spent so much time and energy chasing this up, not to mention approximately £25 in postage alone just to send the sets back to you guys.

i'm at my wits end and after a long day at work, i just want to relax with my PC, and not have to worry about whether my ram is going to work or whether im going to have to spend a load more time trying to sort this.

• Corsair Employees

Ricky

I am sorry that has happened and I just spoke with our customer service and asked them to contact you ASAP to get this worked out. What MB did you upgrade to by the way?

i actually went and downgraded my motherboard so to speak, after checking the corsair compatibility list to an Abit IP35Pro.

i really cannot see that there would be a problem with my system, especially since my older version of the same ram has worked flawlessly, even alongside my brothers mismatched XMS2 sticks.

customer service gave me a very quick response, thankyou ramguy.

• Corsair Employees
From looking at your case it looks like the main issue was you were trying to Mix two sets of modules 4 X 1.0 Gig and with that MB when all four slots are filled DDR667 would be suggested. But I see they offered to replace all of the modules so that should solve the issue for you.

Archived