Corsair Community

Help with CMG4GX3M2A1600C7 RAM and Crosshair IV

Master-Spud

Was just wondering if anyone can help me out, been having big issues getting my build of the ground with this RAM. Running a ASUS crosshair IV and I can not install windows 7 with both sticks of ram installed.

If I remove one, it will make it into the install, get everything loaded, throw in the other stick, and get a blue screen of death before windows even loads.

Tried running memtest in windows with the one stick and have gotten 40 errors so far. so I'm trying to debate if its the settings in the bios that need to be tweaked or if I got a faulty set of RAM.

Thanks for any advice.

"Update"

Installed the other stick and have been running memtest for about 20 min without any errors, so I'm thinking I have a bad stick :o( but I'll wait for some advice before I fire up an RMA

Another Update, Ran memtest off a USB stick, with both sticks installed, HORRIBLE failure. Ran each stick independent and one fails miserably. The other still gets some errors but not NEARLY as many as the first stick. Like 26 compared to 40000+... So I guess it's RMA time, sucks when you pay that much for high quality ram and get a dud. now my new system is going to be down for more then a week. Grrrrrrrrrr.... not very impressed.

Another Update, Ran memtest off a USB stick, with both sticks installed, HORRIBLE failure. Ran each stick independent and one fails miserably. The other still gets some errors but not NEARLY as many as the first stick. Like 26 compared to 40000+... So I guess it's RMA time, sucks when you pay that much for high quality ram and get a dud. now my new system is going to be down for more then a week. Grrrrrrrrrr.... not very impressed.

Try disabling USB Legacy Support in the BIOS as this setting conflicts with Memtest. Then, check each module individually again.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived