Corsair Community

850HX - What's the deal?

Velox0809

Read a couple really nice reviews on the 850HX. Newegg keeps pushing the availability date. Really makes me lose some confidence in Newegg. I was about to pull the trigger on one through Amazon today until I saw the "usually ships in 1 to 2 months". What?! 1 to 2 months?

I been waiting on this to finish my dream build. So I cruise on over here to find out something from the horses mouth and I see some RMA issues with this unit.

Should I start looking for something else? Any recommendations (800w'ish range). I wouldn't know where to look other than Corsair. I don't need the 1000, don't really want to spend the extra bills on power I don't need.

Well Corsair just announced a new line of Gold+ PSU's today, one of which is 850watts. Guess that answers my question. Now we know the deal; production was probably focused on these new units.

BTW, went with a XFX 850watt black edition. johnnyGuru gave it all 10's except for asthetics, he didn't like the green. Don't matter to me, the fan will be upside down in the bottom of the case.

Archived