Corsair Community

Asus P7P55D and TR3X6G1333C9

Borg

Hi to all.

I have a big question. Does this memory works?

On the Asus P7P55D MB (QVL) is it stated that the memory TR3X6G1333C9 (6GB "3x2GB" is compatibel. :confused:

Got a Intel i5core 750 2.66Mhz processor.

(MB + rest, not mounted yet)

I got following message from the Asus Forum on this question.

"The memory you have, worked when Asus tested the board... so the kit should work... A1, B1 and A2 might be a good configuration. This memory is not SPD programmed for dual channel boards but it 'should' work. Post back how you get along with it. "

Now does / will it work on this Board whit that CPU???????:idea:

Best regard,

Yes the memory will work just fine, but it's recommended to only use 2 sticks. Better yet just get a 2 / 4 stick kit:

http://www.corsair.com/configurator/product_results.aspx?id=1106000

Whomever answered you there doesn't know what they're talking about because there is no such thing as Dual Channel memory, as this is a property of the memory controller in how it handles memory. This is why you can place memory in different slot configurations on a motherboard and it will register as single or dual channel.

In otherwords that line about the memory's SPD being programmed for dual channel boards is hogwash.

Hi Wired.

Thanks for u reply. I got the answer from the ASUS forum moderator ulrich! (Not to blame him any way at all)

Look here http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?id=20100513041651968&board_id=1&model=P7P55D&page=1&SLanguage=en-us

The strange thing is, alot of the memory put in the ASUS P7P55D memory QVL, is exactly 3 GB or 6 GB (3 piece of modules)

Why do they put this in the QVL, if no good????

What to count for, the memory supplier words, or the MB supplier words???

Has anybody testet this memory / expiriense?

Best regard, Borg

Today i have ordred some new sticks CMX8GX3M4B1333C9,

an i will return the old TR3X6G1333C9 thanks to recommendation from u.

I hope they will arrive soon, so i can put my system together and test it.

Thanks

Archived