Corsair Community

X128 back from RMA slow writes

Ziploc

(UPDATED BELOW, Drive working fine.)

Hello,

This thread below is from my original X128. The drive failed to detect about 2 weeks ago and I sent it off for RMA.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=83218

The drive I received back seems to be having some write issues. I was getting 170 Write and now it does not even come close to 150 write.

I have a ghost image of my old system that I blew down to this drive. Then I tried a clean install after HDD wipe. I have another SSD here that I blew the same image to and using the same SATA port I get 150 write and 200 read (MAX of the other SSD) The issues seems to be with the X128 only.

What options do I have?

SSD_X128.jpg.f759efac2fba933eb2c3a9b10fc52c25.jpg

Original_X128.jpg.67c1e2c48c293c0dc0523a7a027526f7.jpg

• Corsair Employees

Ghost is not a good application to use with SSD's, I would suggest using Accronis Drive Image.

Can you use Parted Magic to secure erase the drive then install it a s second HDD and Quick format it with 4K allocation and the run ATTO on the drive and post the results.

The speeds are the same. Please see from my post above.

"Then I tried a clean install after HDD wipe"

The RMA pic is from clean install after using parted magic to wipe. I have 4k allocation.

• Corsair Employees
That is not what you stated in your original post, I do not have a problem with you sending the drive to us and we will be happy to test it for you and if its not performing properly here we will replace it. Please send us an email with your contact information and previous RMA number and we will be happy to help you with that.

Hello,

I called tech support and was very impressed. These are the steps used to get full performance back.

1. Use Parted Magic to secure erase SSD.

2. Put in a computer as a second drive.

3. Use disk management to import and then partition SSD as MBR.

4. Put in main computer and install Windows 7 without touching partition created on other system.

Using Parted Magic and then installing Windows without creating a partition on another computer resulted in my poor speeds above.

If you are having performance issues listen to what Corsair recommends it sure helped me. I am now at full speed!

X128_Working.jpg.b01afe7a97837324b2881e75412e61ce.jpg

Archived