Corsair Community

cm2x2048-8500c5d (4x2gb)

Hello

I bought these mem sticks with my new pc with total of 4gb.

After a month i bought one more set so i cud get 8gb.

When i installed all mem sticks i cudnt boot up, but with 3 sticks i cud run it.

so i used 3 sticks for a while, untill i started get bluescreens, and at the end i cudnt boot up so i tested all sticks one by one and found one that was broken, so i rma that set and got a new set back, so here is the problem first set as version number 1.1 and new gained set ver2.1, with 2 sticks all seem to work but with 3 or 4 sticks no boot, can this be because of the version number or might it be something else?

All sticks are tested one by one without failures.

the system has newest bios and is never overclocked.

just want to be able to boot up with all 4 rams (8gb)

Best regards Danne

• Corsair Employees

If all of the modules will work 2 at a time then it is not the memory, but yes you would have a better chance at mixing memory modules if they are all matched. I would suggest setting the memory frequency at DDR667 or DDR 800 and this has been posted many times about running four up and or mixing sets.

With 4 modules I would suggest setting the memory frequency at DDR667 or DDR800 and set the memory Voltage to 2.1 Volts and set the NB/MCH/SPP Voltage to +.2 Volts as well and test the system with http://www.memtest.org. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Well it would be fun to be able to run memtest. but as i cant boot the system up at all with all for rams installed, mch and dram settings changed as well and like whole bios changed to all kind of ways, there seems to be no chance at all to boot the system with all 4 these rams, but yes its odd that they work with mixed 2 of em. legacy usb has been disabled aswell and all other suggested. had help from an gigabyte dude, but nothing seemed to work, And im leaning more at its the ram versions that makes it or the ram it self that dont like to run at 8gb. The motherboards all slot works fine in all thinkble ways when u test with 1 or 2 rams.

edit:forgot to mention that i have tested lower the speed on the rams aswell.

• Corsair Employees

If the system will not post with all four modules installed but will with any set of two there is likely something wrong with the memory controller either on the MB or CPU depending on the make and model of MB and CPU.

And I am sorry but mixing sets is not officially supported, but we can try and replace the memory of you like but what you have posted might suggest a problem with the MB or CPU. If you would like to get an RMA and replace them use the link on the left and we can sure try that.

Archived