Corsair Community

Bad Memory Stick Questions...

ianxponent

On a new build using 4GB XMS3 (2x2GB CMX4GX3M2A1600C9), I ran into BSOD's, ran memtest on each stick in DIMM Slot one. One was OK and the other generated nothing but errors so it looks like I have a bad stick. I assume I have to return both sticks since they came as a pair. When I start the Tech Support Express and input the memory module info, it comes back with "Purchased as Single Module (1 Memory Module)" which doesn't sound like the two sticks I'm actually dealing with. Or for these purposes, does single module mean two sticks?

To do a return, I assume I have to return both sticks which will leave me with an inoperatve computer. If I were to purchase another 4GB set to use in the meantime and then supplement with the warranty replacement memory (8GB total) do both sets have to match exactly or could I use something like CMX4GX3M2A1600C7 for the second 4GB set? Thanks for any answers.

• Corsair Employees
Let's get them replaced, please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace them. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.” You can contact our customer service to see if a cross ship is available. Mixing and matching kits is never guaranteed however it is best to get the same part number.

Archived