Corsair Community

H50 Tubes "Twisting" on fittings inside pump

Kvjavs

Hello,

So I noticed this the last time I installed my H50, and am hesitant to re-install it in my new case until I determine if it is safe or not.

When turning the pump to fit it under the retention bracket, of course the pump turns however the tubes don't turn with it. If that makes any sense. As if the tubes are loose.

I'll try to make an example of what I'm trying to say:

Imagine when you use a screw driver, when you release your grip just enough to reposition your hand to make another twist. Your hand is still on the screwdriver but just not tight enough to loosen the screw when you reposition your hand.

It's kind of like that but with the tube and the fittings on the pump. Is that normal or should I RMA my H50? No modding has been done to the unit at all.

No disrespect towards Wired, but there is no "outer casing" on the tubes, what you see is what you get, plastic corrugated tubing.

The barb retaining screw may be loose, you can use a small Phillips screwdriver to try and tighten it.

If you can, hook the unit up outside of the case ( use a molex to 3pin fan adapter ) and power it up for a while, this will allow you to check for leaks.

Don't do that without your original cooler on the cpu.

No disrespect towards Wired, but there is no "outer casing" on the tubes, what you see is what you get, plastic corrugated tubing.

The barb retaining screw may be loose, you can use a small Phillips screwdriver to try and tighten it.

If you can, hook the unit up outside of the case ( use a molex to 3pin fan adapter ) and power it up for a while, this will allow you to check for leaks.

Don't do that without your original cooler on the cpu.

Thank you, I'll try this in a little bit. Where is the barb retaining screw at?

Ok. I hooked the pump up and am currently running it, so far so good. Also the screw was in pretty tight, didn't want to tighten it anymore than it already was.

Maybe I'm just a bit paranoid with the tubing.

Archived