Hello all, I finished my latest build yesterday using the following specs:

800D Case

I7-930 stock speeds

1kw Corsair Modular PS

Asus P6X58D Premium MB

Corsair Dominator Tri Channel DDR3 6gb

Intel X25-m 80gb SSD

Corsair H50 Cpu cooler

Powercolor HD4850 video card (have 2 but took one out due to heat)

Factory fans no extras right now.

Ok now don't get me wrong the system is rock solid and the temperature readouts seem ok I guess but when I feel over the top of the case with my hand I can feel a ton of heat. I actually put a 120mm case fan on top lastnight and it made my room into a mini desert. I like the case's feature's but this heat isn't very good. Nothing is overclocked but right now playing Aion the cpu is showing 58c and the mobo is showing 44c. While again those are within spec but I don't care for the heat generated out the top of the case, granted my old case only had 1 small 80mm hole at top but never kicked that much heat out but only was a Athlon II X4-635 chip so maybe it didnt produce much heat, I do know this I7 does. Anyone else notice this, keep in mind I want a very quiet system.

i have an i7 960 and i have a 120mm (just one) on top over the cpu and the air varies from mild cool to luke warm but my temps are no where near as hot as yours

stock 960, no OC

I'm confused as to why you are posting this in the case section. The case simply holds your components. The heat is generated by the other items in your system. The fact that the case is properly allowing that heat to escape is a good thing and is what a good case is designed to do. What is your actual question/concern? :confused:

You must have the case with the heater option, is it turned on;):.

Seriously, like Yellowbeard said, the case has nothing to do with the amount of heat the system generates. It is the components in the system, if you don't want heat you will have to change your components.

You have to remember, I7 920, 930 processors do run hot.Are you running the H50 in a push-pull configuration? Is the H50 at the back of the case? I run a I7 920 with a gigabyte X58 UD3 board with a ATI 5770 card. I used some low cost fans at the top three mounts as exhaust. I don't overclock, just set my Corsair ram at 16000. My idle temps very, but on the average around 38-41C. I've used another case in a build same components, the same temps. Now if you go full on water cooling you may get lower temps. For me my main concern is reliability, and the 800D allows me to check my system make changes easier to do, because of all the room in side. Again, my temps are not the lowest posted, but for what i want my comp to do its fine. Also my card temps are very reasonable, even with slight ATI overclocking, my card temps average at 32-34 C.

58C is high for a idle. It is definitely NOT the case. It's most likely the cooler and cpu. I would clean and remount the H50. ALSO, check the voltages in your bios if you changed the values. I have 3 120's mounted to the top. The stock 140 at the bottom and the H50 with only the stock fan as an intake. My idle temp during the day is 32 C. At night, I like to leave the windows open and is idling right now at 23 C. I have an i5 750 Oc'd to 3.4.

http://www.overclock.net/intel-cpus/693218-i7-930-stock-2-8ghz-idle.html

This guy is idling around 35 C's for an I7 930 with a H50

I have almost the same config except with 2xCorsair Dominator Tri Channel DDR3 6gb and i7 920. I would definitely say that you should (MUST ;)) use the H50 in a push pull config for much better performance (intake not out from the back) and use 3x120 on top for exhaust.

If you want a very quiet system, you could swap the fans for quieter ones or make a hole on the plastic side and add another intake fan there which will greatly help with your motherboard temps.

I idle around 40C CPU and 32C Mobo in a pretty hot office low ac (23-25C Ambient)

Let us know how it goes,

Neo

Archived