Corsair Community

DRAM settings in BIOS on M4A79XTD EVO

RiP_Booya

I've got an ASUS M4A79XTD EVO with the latest BIOS, and a 2G(2x1GB) set of Corsair Dominator DDR3 RAM model TW3X2G1600C9D, and a Phenom II 550.

I've been wrestling with this build since day 1, and have worn out Google researching a troubleshooting. Corsair has already promptly replaced one set of RAM after 1 module came into suspect after some testing.

After countless CMOS clearings and BIOS adjustments, no matter what I do, it will only start with 1 stick inserted into 1 of 2 certain slots (A2 or A1). I've tried manually setting the RAM up in BIOS, including voltage, timings, and frequency. Nothing works.

But this board has so many other BIOS options pertaining to RAM in the Chipset menu, I have no idea what they do or which ones I might need to adjust. The manual says nothing about the settings, and I can't find anything up to date or relative using Google. There's settings for all kinds of stuff like, Channel Interleaving, Bank Interleaving, something Swizzle Mode, Page Smashing, Memory Hole Remapping and more...it's just too much and I have no idea where to start.

Before I RMA this seemingly flaky motherboard, I'd like to make sure the problem isn't caused by one of these settings being the wrong value. Can anyone possibly elaborate on any of these RAM settings, or what I need to change with this mobo/RAM combo?

Sorry for the long post. This is driving me crazy, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Archived